Chapter 14

The once bustling hospital room fell into a deafening silence, shattered only by the sound of desperate sobs that filled the air. Lavina's parents collapsed to their knees, their faces etched with anguish and disbelief. Time stood still as they stared at their daughter's lifeless body, their hearts shattered into a million pieces.

The medical team, overcome with sorrow, bowed their heads in reverence, their eyes brimming with tears for a life lost too soon. Despite their tireless efforts, they were unable to save Lavina from the clutches of the unknown. A heavy blanket of grief settled over the room, casting a shadow of sorrow that seemed to envelop all who were present.

Words failed to bring solace in the face of such profound loss. The room, once filled with hope and determination, now bore witness to the heart-wrenching reality of a life cut short. The pain was palpable, a deep ache that resonated in every corner of the room.

Lavina's parents, overcome with a sense of profound emptiness, clung to each other for support. Their tears mingled as they sought solace in their shared sorrow, their hearts forever scarred by the irrevocable loss of their beloved daughter.

Outside the hospital room, a somber atmosphere hung heavy in the air as the news of the tragic fate that befell Lavina and the other seven classmates spread. The community came together, their hearts burdened with sorrow, to grieve the loss of these vibrant souls. Friends, families, and loved ones gathered, seeking solace in one another's embrace and finding strength in the memories they shared.

Tears flowed freely as stories were exchanged, memories recounted, and laughter mingled with the bittersweet ache of remembrance. The lives that were cut short had touched countless others, leaving an indelible mark on the hearts of those who knew them. Through their collective grief, they found unity, drawing strength from the shared experience of loss and the knowledge that they were not alone in their sorrow.

In the dream realm, Lavina confronted the menacing mirror monster. Sensing a newfound strength within herself, she stood her ground, facing the creature with unwavering determination. As the mirror monster grinned maliciously, Lavina, feeling transformed, defiantly uttered, "You are now under my control for eternity." A wicked laughter escaped her lips, resonating through the air.

Suddenly, the ground beneath her feet gave way, and she plummeted into the depths below. The descent felt interminable, as if stretched across hours of harrowing freefall. Finally, with a bone-jarring thud, she landed at the bottom. Agonizing pain surged through her body, as if every bone within her had been shattered, leaving her in an unbearable state of suffering.

Gazing upward, Lavina's eyes met the sight of familiar faces, all bearing the same broken state as her own. Each person had succumbed to the same tragic fate—they had fallen, broken and lifeless. With great effort, Lavina rolled onto her back, only to discover a mirror positioned directly above her.

As Lavina gazed upon the mirror above her, her heart sank at the devastating sight unfolding within its reflection. The hospital room came into focus, a scene of anguish and despair. Her lifeless body lay motionless, surrounded by a pool of crimson, evidence of the shattered vessel that once held her vibrant spirit.

Her parents, inconsolable, wept with an immeasurable grief that pierced Lavina's soul. The medical staff, their faces etched with a profound sorrow, filed out of the room, their efforts futile in the face of an irreversible fate. The monitors that had once hummed with life-sustaining rhythms were now silent, their screens blank and devoid of hope.

In that moment of haunting clarity, Lavina realized the truth she had desperately tried to deny. She had succumbed to the unforgiving grasp of death. Her journey in the dream realm had come at the cost of her earthly existence.

A mixture of emotions flooded her being—regret, longing, and a profound sense of loss. She yearned to hold her parents, to reassure them that she was still there in some ethereal form. But the gulf between the living and the departed felt immeasurable, an unbridgeable chasm separating her from the world she had once known.

As Nancy and the other families gathered outside the hospital room, their hearts heavy with grief and seeking answers, Nancy's voice trembled as she posed a question that weighed heavily on her mind. "Do any of you know who Eshreal is?" she asked, her voice filled with a mix of desperation and hope.

When searched through Lavina's diary, the pages now filled with both cherished memories and the chilling accounts of the dream realm. Among the passages, there was a single mention of someone named Eshreal—a friend from some school that had some significance in Lavina's experiences.