Chapter 2: Gardens and Guitars

Physics was boring and I couldn't concentrate in my poetry class either. I ditched the rest of the day and got Nat to cover for me.

As I walked around the large campus gardens I came across a coy pond surrounded by lots of cute little toadstool chairs. I decided to sit down and just relax, even if it's only been a few hours I feel like it's been days I've been working for. 

Sighing, I perch and just enjoy the sound of the birds and the light splashes of the fish in the pond- for once I feel totally relaxed and calm.

~ A little mediation later

I'm not sure how long I've been here now but I don't want to leave it's so calming and gentle. I check my phone to see that it hasn't gotten too late. 

'13:45' read my lock screen.

Oh, I've missed lunch! It's a good thing I always have snacks in my bag. I reach into my satchel to try and find an apple and I feel something soft, hesitantly I pull it out and see it's a rose. I don't understand who would put this in here. It must have been someone playing a prank during poetry class... probably Roderick or one of his geeky friends. I began to eat my apple after putting the rose back in my bag.

Suddenly, I hear the soft melody of an acoustic guitar playing nearby I walk towards where the music was coming from and see Antonio Fernández Carriedo. He is one of the most handsome boys in the school known for his wonderful hair and striking good looks, one flip of his hair is enough to make the coldest of girls swoon. 

Honestly he a bit of a nerd, he's in my Spanish class. Not studying mind you, tutoring - being the son of a wealthy Spanish military operator - his Spanish is better than his English but boy does that add to his hot factor. Not that I'm bothered. 

 Shoot! I didn't know how long I was staring. He noticed me ... Escape! Escape!

"Hola, Y/N. It's a pleasant yet unexpected surprise to you out of class at this time~"

"I could say the same to you, Antonio. Why are you here? Without the other two no less!" 

It's rare to see Antonio without his two best friends: Francis Bonnefoy and Gilbert Beilschmidt, the three of them are inseparable.

"Si, Señorita we always ditch around this time but I have something on my mind so I came in hopes for some quiet time~" 

He said, looking sort of sad. I feel like I've intruded now... I'm such an idiot.

"I'm sorry, shall I go?" I looked him in the eyes and he turned away shyly.

"No neçessito señora, please, stay awhile" 

His dorky little smile is hard to say no to but he's a player and I know it means nothing.

That's how it stayed for a few more hours, just me and Antonio talking about things. It pains me to know he's a player and probably does this to every girl, but he kissed my cheek before I left and we went our separate ways.