the night with you

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been almost a month since the last time Beomgyu saw you, he got his hopes up when Soobin mentioned that you would come to the bowling game.

"She just texted me, said she couldn't come!" Soobin announced in the middle of the game.

Kai groaned, "I miss having her around,"

Soobin shrugged, "she's been busy lately," as he wiped the bowling ball with a rag.

'Gyu slumped in his seat, feeling lethargic all of the sudden. He thought of things that probably went wrong when he was with you, was it something he said? Or something he did that could cause your absence?

Every thought that crossed his mind led up to the one moment where he conveyed his feeling to you that night, he should have known it would burden you, and he felt so stupid for it. He pulled out his phone and thinking of sending you a text message yet, he knows it would be better to talk to you in person to avoid any misunderstanding.

"I'm leaving," he announced to Soobin and Kai.

"Where are you going?" Kai asked.

Beomgyu got up from his seat and put on his coat, "I have to do something,"

"I'll go with you then," Kai offered, but Soobi  stopped him.

"Just let me know if you would be home late, okay?" Soobin ordered.

Beomgyu nodded, "sure," he answered, then picked up his wallet and phone from the table, "I'm going," then left the bowling alley.

Beomgyu was afraid of his choice of time to come to your place, it was past midnight, and you probably were sleeping right now. Should he bail? He asked the question over and over again with eyes staring blankly at your apartment door.

His curiosity got the best of him, and his finger pushed the doorbell. He unconsciously held his breath the whole time he waited for the door to get answered. His heart almost skipped a beat when the door swung open, and you appeared from behind that door,

"Hey!" You greeted.

It took everything in him not to hug you right then and there, he missed you so much that when he saw your smile, his heart felt like bursting into a million pieces.

"Come in!" You told him, stepped to the side to let him in your place.

"Sorry for taking so long to open the door," you said as both of your went inside your place, "I was showering,"

"I thought you're already sleeping," he said, as he took off his coat and placed it on the stool next to the kitchen island.

You shook your head, "you want something to drink?" You offered, opening the door of the fridge, "Beers?" You asked, showing a can of beer to him.

"Sure," he replied, even though he wasn't feeling thirsty.

You brought the cans of beer and sat on the stool next to him, and Beomgyu was quick to open the can of beer and hand it to you.

"Thank you," you muttered.

'Gyu opened his can and took a small sip.

"So, how's the bowling?" You asked with a sigh.

Beomgyu took another sip before he could answer, "it was fun," he said, "it would be fun if you were there too," he added with a smile.

You chuckled, "I wish!" You said with a sigh, "I've been busy with work,"

You were always so lively and cheerful, and Beomgyu got so sad that your eyes were heavy with exhaustion, and you sounded so restless, "is it that hard, Noona?" He asked out of the blue.