Part 5- "Baby, You Should Know That I Would." (Finale)

"Would he please you? Would he kiss you? Would he treat you like I would? Would he touch you? Would he need you? Would he love you like I would?" ~I Would, One Direction

On the other side of the cafeteria, Harry sat alone at an empty table, reading a book. He had finished his homemade sandwich and threw out his brown paper bag just a second ago. When he got up, he knew he had to walk past Kylie’s table and see that face that made him go weak in the knees.

Harry threw the paper bag out and proceeded to walk back to his vacant table, when for just one second, his eyes locked with Kylie’s. She stood up to give James a hug as he entered, but Harry caught her smile warmly at him when he walked by.

Harry didn’t say or do anything to her gesture. He just let out a sigh and continued to walk. He had to accept the fact that there was never gonna be any way that Kylie would never be holding him like that.

“She’s too good for you, Harry. Leave her be.” The curly haired boy mumbled to himself as he sat down.

As hard as he tried, there was no way of just letting her go and accepting the fact that they could never be. He was so jealous of James, and it killed him because Harry knew that he would treat Kylie so much better.

But she would never know.

Kylie sat back down after giving James a hug and kind of regretted it after seeing Harry’s hurt face when she looked up. She saw the pain in his green eyes and it made her stomach flip, knowing she was doing this to him.

Kylie sat there thinking about Harry for a little bit before she felt someone nudge her shoulder a little too roughly. When she turned to her side, she saw an anxious looking Jayla. Her best friend’s eyes secretly rolled towards James’s direction, giving Kylie a signal that she had to go with her plan.

Oh, right. The plan. Kylie thought and smiled to herself at her small, but soon to be very affective plan she came up with.

“Hey, James?” Kylie spoke up.

James sat across from her on the table and continued talking with his friends, ignoring Kylie. He laughed out loud at something one of the guys said and started clapping his hands like a maniac, still oblivious to Kylie’s constant calls.

At one point, Kylie just about reached her breaking point and she stood up from the table, banging her fists onto the wooden surface.

Now, that got James’s attention.

Along with just about half of the cafeteria’s students. Many kids stopped mid conversation or even in the middle of eating just to see why Kylie Leigh just made a big scene in the lunchroom.

James looked up with an annoyed face at his ‘girlfriend’. He noticed almost everyone’s awkward staring and stood up to reach Kylie’s level. He leaned in closer to her, so that no one else could hear him whisper. “Kylie, what the heck are you doing?!”

Kylie just smirked to herself and crossed her arms, enjoying the attention she was getting. She wanted everyone to see how big of a jerk James was.

Even Harry was now paying attention. The sudden quietness of the room actually threw him off course from his reading. And when he realized who everyone’s attention was on, he couldn’t resist to watch.

“James, I need to ask you something.” said Kylie.

Jayla stayed sat in her seat and looked up at her best friend. She met Harry’s eyes from across the lunchroom and gave him two thumbs up, hoping that he would soon watch what was to come.