Chapter 1, Part 1: Buchap

Buchap, a city that has boomed with life and industry over the past 10 years, is home to most things found in just about any other city. From the bustling sounds of incoming and outgoing traffic, to the lively and busy people who fill the tall buildings and offices with their work and satisfaction of providing for their family. Children run and play at school, teenagers study endlessly and mock their teachers. Cats and dogs guard the homes and birds litter the skies around the city. Recreational parks loom in every suburb, though most have fallen prone to the homeless who seek shelter. Litter fills the empty spaces on the sidewalk where people walk. Scrap yards and rust are a common sight too. Not too far off the East of Buchap, one can enjoy the glistening of the ocean and frollick about in the waves. A typical kind of city, with not much to expect, not much to glance at, but a lot of secrecy to be kept. Crime is often talked about on news channels on television sets and websites all over the internet. Poverty still gives the city a bad reputation. In the midst of it all, the average person. The one who goes to work each day, provides to the economy, manages to put on a smile on the way back home, and nurture a family. Living life, doing what you need to do, as others would say, and in a small road called Tunmer Road, lives Jaden. Jaden is about 1,80 meters tall, short light brown hair with mediumly shaven sides and a stubble, deep blue eyes and a rounded facial structure. Not one for muscles though, Jaden has a common male body, not big on muscle but also not too skinny around the bones. He can usually be seen wearing punk rocker clothing ( a black or white patterned shirt, with either skinny fit black jeans or red shorts, and a black pair of casual shoes, but absolutely no accessories whatsoever). He is quite athletic, a fast runner, and enjoys getting out with friends. He has both a Mother and Father, and a younger sister for a sibbling. He is 17 years old, 7 years ahead of his sister, and does not get along with his father at all (a trait he similarly shares with his mother and sister). Jadens mother has dark brown hair, brown eyes, a roundish figure and about 3 quarters the size of Jaden. Quite tan, age has slowly started to creep on her in her mid 40's. His sister, Angie, who has trouble making friends due to her inability to mingle without feeling awkward, can often be seen sticking nearby Jaden and doing the things he enjoys doing. Almost the same height as their mother, she is a striking image of the mother with the exception of the tan, and has blue eyes. Quirky in nature, she is not afraid to speak her mind when in a threatening situation. Lastly, the father, the member of the family least respected, and not withoht reason. He is a few inches taller than the mother, with blue eyes and a muscular manly face. He wears a face of depression, worn out from the physical life of labour, and takes out such laborous pain on the children and wife. He has developed a laziness around the house, and a stomach full of beer and medical drugs to compliment it. Jaden has a bitter hate towards his father, mostly due to the fact that he never had the kind of father a kid should have when growing up, like his friends'. As average as it seems, Jaden holds something special, something rare within his very veins and living essence. The ability to manipulate fire. Growing up, Jaden was always attracted to flames and embers and one day found himself contolling a spark and turning it into a tiny flame with his finger alone. Since then, he has nurtured this ability further, far enough as to say that lighting a cigarette next to a fueling station excites the fiery blood inside him. Drawing fire towards him or blasting it away from himself is as easy as counting from 1 to 10. He feels there is more to learn about his abililty, but has not given much thought about it.