DEAD MAN RUNNIN'

DANIELA CASAS was used to running

DANIELA CASAS was used to running. As soon as her name was called and the tassel on her graduation cap changed from right to left, she was on her way to the airport not even a week later with two suitcases rolling behind her. Her mother and younger sister, Noah, could only watch from the departing gates with sad and proud expressions as the girl began a new journey in a different country.

With a full-ride scholarship to her dream school located in the United States, Daniela ran from the place she had called home for the last 18 years of her life. She stayed away for 3 years and created a new life for herself. She had a great job, a close-knit group of friends, her classes were going well, and she also had an amazing partner.

But one thing Daniela knew is that everything is usually too good to be true and her fears became a reality one Friday night towards the end of her junior year. The life she had worked so tirelessly to build for herself came crashing down and turned into dust.

So, she did what she did best.

She ran.

Learning of her mother's marriage to a man that she met on a cruise, Daniela decides that it was time to finally come home. Despite the painful memories that place held for her, the girl missed her family and desperately needed a break.

Instead of finishing her last year, she took a gap year and booked the first flight out to Spain – excited to not only reunite with her mom and sister but also meet the man that had captured her mother's heart.

Oh yeah, said man also has a son – her new stepbrother.

What could possibly go wrong?

... OR!!

THE ONE where Daniela Casas returns home after years of being away and is immediately tormented by her annoying and infuriating — but attractive — stepbrother.

the girl who runs.

daniela 'dani' casas

... jessica alexander

❝ this is so fucking cliché, it's like
we're in a wattpad story ❞

the boy who stays.

nicholas 'nick' leister

... gabriel guevara

❝ you drive me fucking insane dani
and it frustrates me ❞

the little sister.

noah casas
... nicole wallace

❝ you're not a very good liar dani,
do you know that? ❞

... the rest of the culpa mía cast
as their respective characters

author's note !

welcome to dead man runnin' !
i know it's a long title but bare with me!
it's titled after seulgi's song by the same name and it honestly fits dani's story pretty well since she loves to run away from her problems lol.

i just want to get a few things out of the way before we start. first things first! this story will (obviously) be mainly in english but i will throw in a few spanish words & phrases throughout the story.

although spanish is my first language and i'm fluent in both english and spanish, i'm more comfortable writing in english. being fluent in both languages has its perks bc when i was watching the movie with the english subs on, i realized that some of the translations were off so i will be fixing that throughout the story.

so the dialogue might be different to what you saw in the movie. i will be writing some original stuff in for dani and nick as well because i do not just want to completely rip off noah's scenes with him, i find that to be lazy and boring.

now moving onto ages! dani is the eldest out of the casas' sisters and she is 20 years old! i had no idea how old nick was when i first watched the movie so when he said "you're my stepsister and 17" i deadass had whiplash bc uuuh what! so there will be no minors kissing grown ass people on here!

other than nick and dani's relationship, i will also subtly focus on dani and noah's relationship bc my poor girls are traumatized and all they have is each other.

also another thing, i usually tend to find faceclaims that have the same race and ethnicities of the characters that i'm writing abt but as you can see i didn't do that this time. i was originally going to find a spanish actress for my faceclaim but while researching potential faceclaims, jessica honestly stuck out to me. she also *kind of* looks like nicole a little. at least in my opinion.

okay that's enough. y'all are probably not even reading this. excuse any grammar mistakes. feel free to ask any more questions if you're confused.

now don't fret, the first chapter will come soon! in the meantime, i hope you guys enjoyed this mini intro to the story. i hope you guys grow to love my girl dani as the story progresses as well.

feel free to vote & comment as well!
i love active readers <33