𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔: 𝐍𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐓𝐨 𝐌𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐘𝐨𝐮 [𝐃𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐞𝐥]

The weather had calmed down a bit, Y/n was now sitting on a bench outside the cremation memorial hall with the stranger from earlier. He'd brought her a drink for comfort after what he'd just witnessed, but the girl sat there in silence, holding the drink in her hand as she stared off into space.

"You lost your brother, huh? That must've been tough..." the boy sighed. "I hope you get through this hard time."

Y/n wasn't even paying attention to him, she was lost in thought. Tears travelled down her cheeks but she had a pokerface look on. An awkward silence filled the air before the boy spoke up again, sharing his story.

"I lost my dad..." he mumbled.

Y/n immediately snapped back to reality and looked over at him with the same blank look as she watched him tilt his head up to look at the night sky.

"How?..." she mumbled.

"Hm...?"

"How did you lose him?..." she asked once again.

"I don't really know. I barely knew him. I was still a baby at the time..." he explained. "My mom barely spoke about him so I don't really know how he died, but I still feel sad most of the time... I never really had a fatherfigure growing up, so my mom was all I had. I usually envied the kids with a dad, but I was still grateful to my mother..."

Y/n was about to say something but paused as she looked away again and wiped her tears away before looking up at the sky.

"...I envy you," she murmured, tilting her head to the side.

The boy was a bit taken back as he stared over at her. What made her envy him though?

"Wha?! Why would you envy me?! I-I barely have anything...!" he chuckled awkwardly scratching the back of his head.

"You have a caring mom though... I envy that part..."

"...So your saying-"

"Yup, lost my mom too when I was only 8. When I was 6, her and my dad got into a huge fight after she'd found out about a secret he'd kept from her. They divorced when I was 7 and my dad moved out leaving me with my mom. It was a shitty childhood but I had my mom with me the whole time, it was a shame she had to go so soon..."

"Then did you get adopted into a new family?"

"What?"

"Just saying... how did you have a brother?"

"Oh, my uncle took me in. My mom's little brother. My brother wasn't really my brother, he was my cousin, my uncle's kid. But growing up with him, we had an unbreakable bond. Although we lived in the slums we made the best out of our lives... but after losing him I had nothing else left," Y/n explained, a frown forming in her face as she lowered her head to look at the ground.

"I'm sorry for your loss..." the boy apologized.

Y/n was silent for a moment before she got up in a hurry after checking the time.

"I should get going now, it was nice talking to you... uhhh?"

"Daniel. Daniel Park," the boy smiled, holding his hand out to shake hers.

"Oh, right... Y/n Paek. Well, my surname is Choi now since I just moved in with my dad. He decided to change it," she scoffed.

"Choi?... Are you by chance related to Crystal Choi?" Daniel asked, his eyes widening in surprise.

"Y'know Crystal?" Y/n questioned, raising a brow as she stared down at Daniel, a bit shocked.

"Yeah, she's my classmate," Daniel blushed.