✿|²⁷

Walking through the door, Cassie was immediately greeted by an excited Opie

Walking through the door, Cassie was immediately greeted by an excited Opie. With a big smile she crouched down and scratched the white pitbull behind his ears and let him sniff on her stomach like he always did when she was gone for a few hours. It was almost like he wanted to check if the baby was fine, then he got back to whatever he was doing before⸺ which was laying in the garden when the weather was nice. And as almost always, it was. Way too hot for Cassie's liking.

“No chance you ever gonna like the heat?” Happy came out of the living room with a smirk plastered on his face as he saw the scowl on his Old Lady's face.

“No”, she whined out making him laugh, earning himself a playful slap across his arm. “Don't laugh. It's no fun being pregnant when it's this hot. Isn't it supposed to get cooler soon?”

After pulling her close to him to give her a kiss, he took the bags from her and ran his other hand down her back, giving her ass a good squeeze. She just rolled her eyes at him in amusement. Since she was pregnant he couldn't keep his hands off her. Not that it was ever different, but he had a much harder time at the moment. She was just glowing and even prettier now that she carried his child under her heart.

“It will be soon, little girl”, he comforted her, gently pushing her into the living room where he made her sit down, lifting the paper bag he was still holding. “What's in there?”

Since she was shopping with Lyla, he knew it were either clothes or shoes, maybe even some new lingerie. His mind drifted off, the thought and pictures of her in new lingerie making him smirk. But as he saw the nervous look on her face and how she bit down on her lip he knew it wasn't anything he had expected.

“I thought it's time to get a few baby clothes. Okay, Lyla insisted on getting a few basic things. Are you mad?”, she asked, honest concern in her tone.

“Why would I be mad, little girl?” He took a seat next to her, set the bag down and looked through the stuff. It were really just some basics. Not that he knew what exactly a baby needed but that stuff seemed right.

There were three rompers, two pants and five shirts, mainly in the colors green, white and yellow, so they could be used by boys and girls. Then normal bodies and socks, which he looked at for a while. He never thought that looking at baby clothes would trigger so much anticipation in him. But that's how it was. In addition to all the worries, he was really looking forward to finally being able to hold the baby in his arms. Of course, he didn't admit it so openly in front of his brothers. Although everyone now knew about it and that he was the one who wanted to keep the child, he still kept his facade up in front of everyone else, not letting them see too many of his emotions. Only Cassie really got to see how excited he actually was. And his mom.

When she last visited, Cassie and Happy decided to tell her about the pregnancy and Maria couldn't have been happier. By now she had come to terms with the fact that her son would probably never marry and have children until the news and they moved her to tears. Since then almost two more months had passed and Cassie was five months pregnant, almost six.