Chapter 1.

Taehyung stared at the blank chalkboard completely zoned out. There was no teacher in sight which wasn't a surprise because teachers rarely come. It was also no surprise to see a crowd bundled up in front of the chalkboard, in the absence of the professor. The dark green surface of the board was being filled up by several teenage hooligans. His classmates being the teenage hooligans he was referring to, who were busy drawing vaginas and penises on the smooth surface of the blackboard in their attempt of looking 'cool'.

The classroom was full of angry, hormonal teens who were busy screaming and shouting.
They howled and roared, laughing obnoxiously loud, showing just how loud they could get as they made their early human ancestors proud. 'Underdeveloped apes' was what Taehyung preferred to call them. Them being a perfect example of humans who failed to evolve.

Taehyung sighed, rolling his eyes. He ignored the lousy apes, his attention shifting from the board to the window on his right. It wasn't his fault that he was a loner. He wasn't really the outgoing type. Having more than three friends was a luxury he never experienced.

He had only one friend, Jimin and had known the boy since his diaper days. He practically lived his whole life with him. He considered him his soulmate and according to him, it was enough. He was content with his social life. He loved Jimin dearly and knew him like the back of his hand. Moreover quality mattered more than quantity.

However, there were times. When he felt lonely. Times such as now while he gazed around the room. He felt the loneliness creep up to him as he watched his classmates interact and laugh with their friends while he just sat there all alone with no one to talk to. It wasn't anything new yet was something difficult to get used to.

Jimin was in a different major causing them to rarely see each other as they had different classes, so Taehyung was mostly left alone.

Despite being the brother of the college's prodigy, people rarely acknowledged him.' It's better this way' he would tell himself, whenever he felt barren or friendless. People approached him to get to his brother. From girls to guys, everyone only ever came upon him to get the attention of his brother, Kim Namjoon. It used to be annoying at first, and still is but he had grown numb to that fact. He realised a long time ago that he would never be able to be his individual, he would never be able to do something without people dragging his brother in.

Taehyung's whole existence was overshadowed by his brother's glory.

It had always been this way and perhaps will continue to be.

"It's okay" he would tell himself, I mean he had a loving brother. That's all that should matter, right?

His monologue was disrupted by the sound of the ringing bell. He sighed and got up, amazed by his line of thinking that covered several topics in a short span of twenty minutes. 'If only it worked that way when I studied,' He snorted, shaking his head. Taehyung glanced at his wristwatch. The numbers flashed in bright bold red colours. The digits read that it was half past eleven, signalling the commencement of lunch. He smiled at the thought of meeting up with Jimin as he rushed out of the class.

He trudged down the hallways, dragging his feet that somehow seemed heavy. He reached the lunchroom, eyes travelling across the room as he searched for a mob of pink hair. His eyes lit up in recognition upon seeing Jimin scrolling through his phone, seated at the end of the room. He sauntered over to the bench, dropping his bag on the vacant seat. He plopped down on another seat. Smiling at his soulmate who grinned back at him.

"Tae!" Jimin said, excited.
"Sup?" he greeted the blue-haired male. "Nothing much," Taehyung replied, making himself comfortable in the wooden seat. He rested his head in his hand, drowning out the bustling of the cafeteria.

"Well, got any new information?" Taehyung queried.

"You betcha~" Jimin answered, a small smirk playing on his plump lips.

"What is it?" He inquired of the pink-haired fella seated across him.

"I heard this new student coming in!" Jimin started. "They say he's hella rich, got good looks and is very knowledgeable and intellectual." He ended, his excited expression staying permanent. Taehyung merely hummed, not finding anything special. "What's his name?" He raised a question. "Uh.." Jimin trailed off. "I kind of don't know!" He whined, masking his discomfiture.
"Everybody's going on about his looks and money!" Jimin whined, trying to justify himself.

Taehyung chuckled.

"Really Chim? You know so much about him except for his name!" The bluehead exclaimed, amused. "Don't make fun of me~" Jimin whined as he pouted. Taehyung just giggled at his friend's antics. Jimin continued acting cute which caused Taehyung to make a disgusted face. "Seriously stop it or I'll smack you in the face." Taehyung ended, that disgusted facial feature still etched onto his beautiful face. They both burst out into fits of laughter ignoring the weirded-out glances from people near their table.

Their laughter died down upon noticing the sudden quietness of the cafeteria. His doe eyes snapped up as they journeyed across the room with their aim of finding the reason. It turned out to be his brother's fault.

Namjoon and his friends, often called the 'Three Musketeers', were the college's prodigies. They were everything a person wanted to be and everything a person wanted others to be. Both girls and guys alike drooled over them. And as cliche as it sounded, practically worshipped them.

'All these people failed to live a cringe high school.' Was what Taehyung preferred to think whenever he witnessed the way people behaved toward his brother as if he was some type of God.

His gaze met the kind ones of his brother. Namjoon gave him a smile in the form of a greeting to which replied with one of his own. He eyed the figure standing next to Namjoon, laughing away probably to some silly joke.

There stood Jeon Jeongguk, with a perfect body that even the Greek Gods were jealous of and an immaculate face that was carved out with great difficulty. His white shirt tucked neatly into the waistband of his jeans. His black hair was tied into a man bun, making his features stand out. Jeon Jeongguk truly was the universe's favourite, I mean how could a person be this hot?

Taehyung felt the ravenette's burning glare pierce through his skin. He tore his eyes away from the scene, gulping unconsciously. He failed to notice the way the boy's lips curved up into a small smirk as he eyed Taehyung up and down before walking over to sit with his friends.

Taehyung bit down on his cheese sandwich, grumbling. Jimin chuckled, "He sure has that weird effect on you." He enunciated, "Whatever he does always leaves you grumbling and pouting like some annoyed old woman." He spoke out, cackling.

"Shut up," Taehyung retorted, rolling his eyes.

"Yeah yeah, whatever."

He let his eyes roam around the cafeteria, freezing midway. Jimin eyed him sceptically however, Taehyung paid no heed to him. His eyes were glued to the scene playing in front of him. "What's he doing here?" The question plagued his entire brain as it froze momentarily.

There stood the same guy whom Taehyung had dumped over three years ago. The same man who gave him trust issues. Everything about him remained the same. The exact friendly and charming smile and his deceiving looks. Those same brown round eyes. Ebony hair which was messily ruffled to give a cute look. Lips moulded into an eye-blinding smile.

He didn't change at all.

It seemed as if the only thing that changed over the three years was Taehyung's perspective.

He no longer found that smile sweet and sincere instead, he found it cunning. He found it evil like that of a vicious Cheshire cat. He could see the malicious intent behind that joyous expression.

He was the reason his personality took a 360°. Why Taehyung had trust issues. The reason he became grumpy and irritable unlike the ball of sunshine he used to be back then.

Standing in front of him, busy laughing away was no other than Taehyung's ex-boyfriend,

Lee Kang-Hyun.

~~.•♫•♬• ℰ𝓃𝒹 ℴ𝒻 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉ℯ𝓇 1 •♬•♫•.~~