In the beginning.

It was just a small clearing in a vast lush forest, moss carpeted the ground where grass did not and the trees bled green through the light that penetrated the deciduous canopy.

In the center, a small, wood cabin, two bedrooms, a kitchen and a bathroom. Potatoes, rhubarb, beetroots, carrots and courgettes grew outside in a fenced off garden about a 4meteres wide and 5meters long.

And most crucial, in both bedrooms, was the a main source of food, hunting.

A bow and arrow, a spear a sword and more were all in Correta's room, she was able to take down deer, a moose if she was feeling like embracing death was easy so long as it meant survival.

But of course even before that, it was empty.

It was a broken, run down shack, in an overgrown tangle of brambles and ferns.

And a young human woman, welcoming her "son" into the world.

A child born of youth and stupidity, a child born of anger and hatred.

But a beautiful, baby.

Even knowing how much pain this child has caused her, knowing how much pain he may cause her, when she looked in his eyes she loved him and held him close.

She spent the next 11 years raising that child, fixing that shack into a home, converting that tangle of foliage into a garden, turning her hell, into her life.

By the time the child had turned 12 he was allowed to start helping around the house more, he began to help his mother with chores and keeping the house clean while she was out hunting.

He learned about botany and how to care for the plants they kept, and he buried himself in the various books his mother had stolen for him over the years.

He drove through stories of battle and crime, he claimed through tales of adventure and mystery and he loved them all.

When he turned 13, Correta decided he was ready to start hunting as well.

They started in the near parts of the forest, just to get him aquatinted with the idea and skill itself, then he began to venture further, on his own to actually catch his prey.

He knew when to be down wind and he knew how to stealth like his life depended on it, that was his true talent.

By 14, it was him bringing in the main kill, he brought in all the big hauls and he was taking the load of providing off his mother's hands.

But it was when 15 came that everything changed...