CHAPTER 2

In Dallas' POV
I woke up and saw that Erin was still asleep. That's good because she hasn't been getting sleep here lately. I have a new baby girl on the way. My twin sister is getting married in October. I have a feeling that this marriage isn't going to work out for her. Duncan was a jock in high school and is always on the road he had only known Delilah four months then he popped the question. I have to be at mom's house at 7. I hate to wake Erin up but I promised mom that I would be at her house for her birthday.
"Erin its time to get up so we can go to my mom's house for breakfast."
So Erin got up and started to curl her wheat blonde hair. I put on my suit and packed the charm bracelet that I got for mom. Erin came out of the bathroom.
We drove to mom's house. Erin and I walked in the house mom had sat the table with the fine china. I starred at mom's homemade flapjacks and bacon. We all ate. Sam, Alicyn and Ginny left for school and Erin and I left. I dropped Erin off at home. I went to the courthouse where I was to decide if Janice Redbur gets to go to federal prison or the county jail. The judge ruled that Janice Redbur goes to federal prison for 8 years. I knew she was guilty but I tried my best. I went to my house and picked up Erin. We drove to mom's house at four o'clock. We had planned for everyone to walk in youngest to oldest then Erin and I walked in the door after we received the text from Delilah. We all started to sing 'Happy Birthday!' I could see the sheer delight on mom's face. Delilah and Ginny brought in mom's favorite cake chocolate chip cake. Everyone gave mom a gift. I gave her the charm bracelet that had 7 charms on it. Erin and I hated to leave but Erin said that she was extremely tried. As we started to leave Erin's water broke. I ran into mom's house.
"Mom Erin's water broke."
Mom ran outside and said," I can't do this."
"Mom you helped Aunt Tara."
   I looked away for a second. I looked back toward and her head was out and her arms half way out. Erin was really sweaty and mom was doing great. Mom called 911 and the ambulance arrived. When we got to the hospital the baby was already born. She weighed twelve pounds and eighteen inches long. Erin picked the first name Dally. I picked the middle name my mom's name Rebecca and she took my last name Smith. Mom's heart filled with joy when she heard the name. Mom held Dally. Mom left at 2 a.m. Dally ate 6 oz. of milk every three hours. After her first 6 hours she had lost two pounds. The nurse said that Dally losing weight meant that she would get sick and be fine afterwords. But just to make sure they ran scans on Dally. The news shocked me.