Ask Me

The next day finally arrives and Jocelyn nervously finishes packing her bags. She takes a deep breath when she hears the doorbell and carries her bags to the door. When she opens the door, she sees Rhea leaning there with one hand on the side of the house.

"You always have to put on a show, huh?" She rolls her eyes.

"Don't act like it doesn't turn you on." She replies and grabs Jocelyn's bags.

"There you go acting chivalrous again like you didn't practically force me into this." She says and follows Rhea to the Uber.

"Hey, I didn't twist your arm or anything." She calls over her shoulder.

"It sure felt twisted." She says.

Rhea chuckles, puts her bags in the car next to her own and opens the door for Jocelyn who gets in and scoots over so Rhea can slide in next to her.

She looks out the window as the driver takes them to the airport. She's unsure what to say, and isn't even positive that she made the right decision on going with Rhea.

She's deep in thought when her phone buzzes in her pocket, startling her. She sighs and looks back out the window ignoring it. But it keeps buzzing.

"Are you gonna answer that or do you have something in your pants I should know about?" Rhea smirks.

Jocelyn blushes hard as she notices the driver peeking in the rearview mirror out of surprise of Rhea's boldness. She didn't even try to whisper it.

"It's my ex best friend. She's been calling me all morning trying to apologize for being a bitch." She says as she looks back out the window.

"Ah. She must be the one who got in your head about me." Rhea replies.

Jocelyn looks at her and says, "to be honest, though she has a point. You could get tired of me any minute and then bing bam boom that's all she wrote for Jocelyn."

Rhea raises an eyebrow.

"I told you that you can trust me."

"But I don't know you so how am I supposed to know that I can trust you?"

Rhea sighs and runs her fingers through her hair. Jocelyn can see a hint of agitation in her eyes and she wonders if she's too much of a hassle.

"Ask me anything. And I'll answer." Rhea says.

"Anything?" Jocelyn asks in surprise.

"Yes. Anything."

Jocelyn thinks for a moment. Trying to come up with a question she desires an answer for. She doesn't know if she should go personal or ask the one question she's dying to know. She goes for the latter.

"Are you just using me for sex?"

Once again the driver's eyes peek in the rearview mirror, obviously listening to their conversation. This time Rhea notices and his eyes quickly divert back to the road.

"No. I'm not just using you for sex. Though that is a pretty cool addition to the fun." She smirks again.

Jocelyn rolls her eyes. She doesn't know if she believes her but it satisfies her for now.

"One more question but make it one that will help you trust me." Rhea says.

Jocelyn looks over at her again and studies her. She bites her lower lip in thought. A nervous tick she's done since she was small.

"This isn't my question. But you have a little sister right?" She asks.

Rhea nods, her eyes narrowing as she wonders if Jocelyn is about to cross a line.

"Would you want her to date someone like you?"

The question is serious and Jocelyn can see it hit Rhea like a bag of bricks. She looks out the window, obviously pondering the question before turning back to Jocelyn.

"After how I got you? Fuck no I wouldn't." She replies, a hint of worry at her answer staining her voice.

Jocelyn nods and studies her face. She can't read any other emotion besides maybe some pain. She reaches out and pats Rhea's thigh.

"Thank you for being honest."

Once they arrive at the airport the two get out of the car and each grab their bags. Rhea is silent as they walk into the airport. That is until fans start crowding them. She sets her bags down and grabs Jocelyn's wrist, protectively pulling her close to her.

"Rhea! Rhea can you sign this?"

"Rhea can we get a picture?"

People start shouting. She sighs quietly enough for the fan holding multiples of the same item to not notice, but loud enough for Jocelyn to hear.

Rhea signs the items with a fake smile and turns to take pictures with her true fans with a real smile.

"Rhea who is this?"

"Is she your girlfriend? What will Dom say?"

"Is she the newest member of The Judgment Day?"

With the last question, Rhea chuckles before saying, "She's a friend."

The crowd takes pictures of the both of them as Rhea grabs Jocelyn's hand and some of the bags and walks towards the bag check counter.

Jocelyn stays quiet and slips her hand out of Rhea's. She can't help but feel a little pain in her chest. Not only did Rhea practically laugh about her being on her level, she called her a friend. Showing Jocelyn that maybe she really is just using her for sex.

When she moved her hand, Rhea looked back at her as she got their tickets but didn't say anything because Jocelyn wouldn't make eye contact.

The trip through the airport until they were able to board first class was silent as Jocelyn was beginning to have even more doubts.