Chapter 27

Thank you so so much for 8, 5k.
I'm genuinely speechless.
And I am sorry that this chapter took so long.
Had a major writing block and been away.
- 🐻

✧・゚: * ✧・゚:*  *:・゚✧ *:・゚✧

"I need to take these shoes off before I can dance more." Danbi pouted, a little bit drunk at this point. Her feet hurt in the heels she decided to wear.

"Let me help," Chan offered without thinking. He bent down. "Hold onto my shoulders and raise your foot." He tapped her right ankle.

Danbi blushed and did what he wanted her to do. Her hands found his shoulders, grabbing the fabric of his shirt. Chan opened the straps of her heels before slipping them off and tapping her other ankle to do the same.

"Here you go."

He was close when he stood up to his full length again, Danbi a lot shorter now. A faint blush still on her cheeks. Her heart was beating fast, too fast. Silent blame on the alcohol.

His cologne was addicting to her, rich and husky with a pinch of vanilla. It made her head spin.

They held eye contact before Danbi lowered her eyes and took a step back. She couldn't allow it, feeling like this and being this close.
Her mind still won this game over her heart.

"Thank you," Danbi reached for the shoes, but Chan didn't let go. They just held eye contact. A wordless conversation, knowing exactly what the other was thinking and almost feeling.

Brown meeting Brown.

A sad smile before both looked away and moved away from each other before joining the others to dance and sing karaoke.

Both knew that they needed to talk eventually about everything.

✧・゚: * ✧・゚:*  *:・゚✧ *:・゚✧

„Good Morning everyone." Minho beamed and sat the tray with cups of coffee in the middle of the table.
He had invited everyone who was available to brunch the next day. Now sitting in the living room. His smiley greeting was returned, some still looking a bit hungover.

„Oh Felix?," Minho looked at the younger artist, the Australian nodded and looked up from his phone. „Could you go and tell Bi that everyone is here? Her room is down the hall. Last door on the right."

The male did what he was asked for and went to look for the sibling. The door was slightly open, allowing him to see her on the bed watching the rain running down the floor-to-ceiling windows.

„Bi?" Felix knocked before pushing the door open.

Danbi turned her head. Felix could tell easily that she was struggling with something on her mind.
Her smile didn't reach her eyes and she tapped her fingers against her knee.

"Minho wanted me to get you," Felix stepped inside the room. "I can tell something is bothering you. What's wrong?"

He walked over to her bed and sat down on the edge in front of her. Danbi searched for words to tell him about her inner turmoil.

"Is it him?" Felix and the rest of the group besides its leader had seen the glances between the young woman in front of him and the older Australian.

They witnessed first-hand how Chan was struggling when the rumours started and her name dropped, scared to have hurt her image and possibly damage theirs as well.

Danbi looked at the freckled man next to her and noted it ever so slightly.

„What are you thinking?", Felix reached and rubbed her knee. „Just brain dump everything."

Danbi covered her face with her hands before pushing them through her hair.
„Lix, I don't know. It's just a lot at the moment ." She looked at the freckled man.

„New projects at work, then the attention I have currently everywhere and don't want to be honest." A sigh. „And I miss spending time with Minho. His comeback is around the corner and he is nonstop at the company."

Another sigh. „And I genuinely miss being around you guys." She smiled and looked down at her hands.

"Then come over again. After work or visit us at the company." Felix pouted. The rest of the members missed her as well, all of them adored her. "What is holding you back, Bi?"

"I'm breaking my promise, Felix." She looked at him and he knew what she meant by the look in her eyes.

"You're falling for him." A whisper.