A Beautiful Morning

The morning sun shown over the forest clowder's territory, as felines awoke and stretched, preparing to start the day.

Stormy Night, a 6 month old grey tabby molly, was preparing to start the day. She padded around the plot the colony took as it's territory.

It was rather simple: A hollowed out stump was where their leader resided, they'd sometimes stand atop the stump to call a meeting to discuss upcoming events. Next to the stump was a hollowed log covered in moss, mud and twigs. Dams and their kits lived within it, to ensure they were safe from any predators and the elements. A little ways away from that were miscellaneous piles of twigs, mud, moss, and leaves. These were shelters for seniors, juniors, and adults. Senior cats tended to stay within the confines of the shelter or the clearing of the territory, not straying far from there. Adults usually traversed a bit farther from the territory, trying to find food for the clowder. Juniors usually joined adults to help with hunting. If not hunting, they took care of the seniors.

The latter was what Stormy Night chose to do today. First, she trotted toward the Dam's tree.

"Good morning!" she smiled, looking in through a peephole in the hollowed trunk.

Most of the kits were either asleep or just waking up. There was quite the mix of sizes and colors of cats within the trunk, but each had a kindle to care for.

An orange and white munchkin cat looked up at Stormy Night, and smiled. "Good morning. You seem excited to start the day." the dam commented, giggling.

"Mhm! I'd been thinking about it for a while, and I want to learn more about our past. Do you need anything, Pumpkin Patch?" Stormy Night smiled, willing to help the dam with anything she needed.

Pumpkin Patch shook her head, appreciative of Stormy's willingness to assist her. "Nothing right now, I'll let you know if I do need anything!" she responded, cleaning her kits fur.

Stormy Night nodded, padding off to the senior's shelter. Upon entering, the mood was quite calm, easy-going, and simple. The seniors and geriatrics all enjoyed sleeping in.

One geriatric, however, was an early riser. His name? Benjamin. He was one of the first cats in the clowder, now retired from his duties and living his most pleasant life.

"Good morning!" Stormy Night whispered into the shelter, gently stepping around the sleeping cats.

"Ah, great morning Stormy Night!" Benjamin, a senior Russian blue tom smiled.

Stormy Night plopped herself in front of him, preparing to ask him a question that required a rather lengthy answer.

"If you're not too busy, do you mind if I ask about how this all came to be?" Stormy Night asked, motioning to the territory she and the other cats resided in.

Benjamin chuckled, stretching before he answered. "Of course! It all started a long, long time ago." he began, as he closed his eyes.