(っ◔◡◔)っ [ 2.5 ]

✧𓂅

✧𓂅

After taking a shower and doing our night routines, we went to sleep.

✧𓂅

Y/N POV

"Wake up!!!!" Bsf/n screamed in my ear.

"YOU DIDN'T NEED TO SCREAM" I screamed as I opened my eyes.

"Sorry... not sorry" Bsf/n said.

I stared at her, unamused.

"It's time to check if our weapons are ready!!" Bsf/n said with excitement.

I was actually excited to see the results. It's Wagner who's making it, so I believe that it'll look great and work very well.

We got ready before making our way to the blacksmith.

The inn was not far from the blacksmith so we reached the place in around five minutes.

"Hey, Wagner, is our order ready?" I asked nicely.

"You two are the ones that ordered the scythes?" Wagner asked.

"Yeah" I replied.

Wagner went somewhere before coming back with two newly made scythes. To say that we were shocked was an understatement. It was beautiful. By looking at it, you knew that it was made by someone experienced.

"It looks gorgeous, thank you so much!!" I said.

"Are we allowed to tip?" Bsf/n asked Wagner.

"If you want to, it's not necessary though." Wagner replied.

Bsf/n took out another 10,000 mora before passing it to Wagner. I did so too.

"Thank you, don't regret tipping me so much money though." Wagner said.

"We won't, these two scythes were really well made so you deserve it." I replied.

We left the blacksmith after thanking Wagner one last time.

"I can't wait to test it out, where should we go?" Bsf/n said.

"Let's find some random place." I suggested.

"That sounds like a great idea!!" Bsf/n said. I didn't know if she was being sarcastic or not.

We found a random spot to 'train' by teleporting to a random teleport waypoint in Mondstadt. We didn't actually know how we were supposed to train so we did some random things.

After finding some hilichurls, we decided to uh... use them as training targets. Sorry... but maybe we are putting them out of their misery? (Overly optimistic view)

With some guidance from the 'system', which is what we decided to call the screen, we learned how to infuse our scythe with elements.

A few hilichurls disappeared after we learned that skill.

Even though we learned how to infuse elements, we still had a long way to go, in terms of combat. We needed a mentor. But where were we going to find one?

Just as we were struggling with finding a mentor, we heard a voice.

"Hey girlies, I happened to listen in to your conversation, and found out that you two seem to need help?" The voice said.

By hearing the first two words in the sentence, it's obviously who it was. Childe. Number eleventh of the fatui harbingers. The ginger dude. And the list of nicknames goes on...

To confirm my suspicions, I turned around. It indeed is Childe. But what is he doing here? In Mondstadt?

+𝟭,𝟬𝟬𝟬 𝗽𝗿𝗶𝗺𝗼𝗴𝗲𝗺𝘀

"Uh, who are you?" I asked, pretending to not know who he was.

He looked conflicted for a moment.

"I'm Childe, an adventurer." He introduced himself. His using a fake identity? Shocking. ( A/n: he prob won't hide his identity but idk why I just wanted write him going undercover 🤷‍♀️)

"Nice to meet you, Childe... what an interesting name." Bsf/n said.

"Oh, it's more like an alias instead of a name." Childe said.

"What are your names?" Childe asked the both of us.

"I'm Y/n, and this is Bsf/n." I said, pointing to Bsf/n.

Probably shouldn't be interacting with Childe but whatever, maybe he can be our mentor. (He is a good fighter afterall)

"So, back to my question. I heard you two talking about wanting a mentor for combat?" Childe asked.

Bsf/n and I nodded.

"You've got the perfect person right here, I can help the two of you" Childe said.

"The catch?" Bsf/n asked.

"The catch? Just tell me how you two are able to wield all seven elements." Childe said, his tone turning serious.

"You'll probably think that we're lying, but we really don't know... it just happened." I replied.

Bsf/n nodded, agreeing with me.

Childe stared at me. I stared back. This 'staring contest' continued for about a minute.

"Doesn't seem like you're lying, taking the benefit of the doubt." Childe said.

Damn am I good at lying or something??

"As promised, I'll train you two from now on." Childe continued.

~
(timeskip to the night before the first mission, which is around one month later)

The past month was pretty interesting, I guess. We've been training with Childe basically everyday. I don't know why or how he's so free since he should be busy, but it's none of my business so I didn't think much about it.

Our combat skills definitely improved a lot, we were even able to defeat Childe in a spar (only in his normal version though which is only with his hydro vision). It was definitely made easier by being able to use all seven elements.

The past month summarised is training with Childe, exploring Mondstadt and a little of Liyue, and having fun.

After tomorrow, there is a high chance that we won't be meeting for a long time. Luckily the past month was well spent.

✧𓂅

𝔸/ℕ:

chapter that was added after rewriting 😱😱😱

hope you enjoyed this chapter and have a nice day/night!! 😍😍😍

(937 words)
written on: 31 May 2023
completed on: 31 May 2023