Chapter Three

~

I had thankfully gotten myself out of that situation, Madison Pearlson had come into my cabin, she was the one who slammed my door, but instead of running upstairs, she fled into the bathroom.

Colton had fled as well, he hopped out of my bed, avoided my gaze, and ran out of my cabin and back to the lakehouse, grabbing my keys on the way out saying that he would let all the partygoers inside.

I felt dejected, hurt, mad, sad and worst of all guilty. I shouldn't have done that, it was stupid, it was stupid and impulsive.

My lakehouse had many floors. Do you remember when I said my grandfather owned two large properties? He had owned a large rager lakehouse, where he hosted many many parties throughout his life.

My lakehouse has three floors including the attic, the layout is kind of complex, so hang in there with me. When you walk up the front porch, you walk inside and are met with my large kitchen. All the walls inside were white and the floors were bright and glossy wood stained. There was a large island that sat in the middle of the kitchen and sharply to the left is the fridge.

To the right are my countertops and light wooden sink, my oven is to the left of the kitchen and my stove was across the island on the other side of the kitchen. The whole room was open yet beautifully organized.

The living room was diagonal to the kitchen and was a very large open doorway, in my living room I had a large L-shaped couch, a large flat-screen tv that hung up high on the wall, the backdoor for the backyard entrance, and a spiral staircase.

One set of stairs led up, and the other led down to the basement, where six bedrooms were. All were done with complete beds, bedding, and TVs.

Going up one flight of stairs you have the second floor where twelve bedrooms are all done as well, and complete. There are two hallways on this floor, the hallway to the left has two bedroom doors before you walk further down the hallway and turn the corner to the right and are met with five more doors that are guest bedrooms.

The other hallway directly across the other side of the second floor has just six doors all in a dorm room-styled fashion with only a wall at the end of the hallway, all six bedrooms have clothes, TVs, and aesthetics to go along with it.

Going up the spiral staircase to the third floor, you have the third-floor kitchen where mostly the alcohol is stashed. The small kitchen consists of an island with a ton of wine bottles and hard liquor bottles resting on the island. There is a large stainless steel sink on the far side, an oven to the left, and a stove on the other side of the sink.

There was a small lounge area if you turn to the right that was just off to the side of the kitchen, this was more like my own personal house floor, seeing as a lot of the people that come here to party muddle around the first and second floor, I mostly have the third and attic to myself, but not when it gets really rowdy.

If you turn around directly across from the third-floor kitchen on the other side of the spiral staircase, there are two rooms. One is my bedroom, my main bedroom where all my clothes are, and where I mostly sleep and the other is a lounge area and mostly a music room.

Going up the last floor on the spiral staircase, is the attic. The attic is very large and as you reach the top there is a small livingroom to the left of the stairs and a bathroom at the top of the stairs. To the right of the attic, there is a large queen-sized bed where I mostly sleep in the attic as well.

Each room has its own aesthetic, but the attic was my favorite as everything was different shades of grey and black, the bed was fluffy and so was the futon couch up against the side of the wall. The wall and ceiling of my attic were pure white wood with a few black stains along the walls.