How it all started

"Opal? Who's Opal?"

One of the managers said as they sat in a meeting at a long table, all wearing their important suits, with their briefcases at their sides;

"We found her on social media and found her website. She's an amateur photographer but she has experience with concert pictures and seems to take pictures for small and up-coming bands; not only would we get a good photographer but we'd also be helping an inspiring photographer rise in the ranks of the industry. Plus, it would make us look good as a management team"

Most of them smirked and after some convincing they were all on board.

2 Weeks Later

Opals POV:

I was lying in bed watching Netflix on my laptop when a notification slid into view on the side of my screen 'AM tour inquiry' is what the heading read; I had to sit there for a solid minute before opening it, surely I was mistaken? AM? As in Arctic Monkeys??!!! No... it couldn't be, right?

I opened the email and made sure to read it carefully to make sure I wasn't imagining things,

Dear, Opal Milton

Hope you're having a great day. We have seen your work online and are greatly impressed with what we have seen and were wondering if you would be open to the possibility of joining us, as a team on the upcoming AM tour with the Arctic Monkeys.

However, you wouldn't so much be stationed in the crowd or taking drone pictures. We want to get a more personal feel to our production; you would be with the band, backstage, at events and more depending on the bridges and connections you build.

Please consider this offer and get back to us in a maximum of 5 working days, or else we will have to consider other candidates. Please feel free to reply to this email with any questions or inquiries you may have, if you accept this offer more details will be shared closer to the beginning tour date.

Regards,

Douglas Roberts.

I rubbed my eyes and re-read the email at least 5 times before I allowed myself to believe the words that were laid in front of me. I mean DUH right? Like this is a once in a lifetime opportunity, she replied back straight away,

Dear, Mr Douglas Roberts

Thank you ever so much for reaching out to me about this amazing opportunity, I am delighted to say that I accept your offer. I look forward to receiving further details.

Kind Regards,

Opal Milton

Was that too vague or simple? I wasn't sure, all I knew was that I didn't want to lose this opportunity. Either way they know I've accepted their offer, so looks like I'm going in head first!

Authors Note:

I know this isn't the longest first chapter! In the future they will get longer (and more exciting) and for anyone who has taken the time to read my story, thank you! And I hope you enjoy and stick around for more! (It's gonna get exciting I promise you!!)