Chapter 1

Normally I'd say no, I'd politely reject the offer and go on with my night following my lovely self care routine. But tonight feels different, I accepted Janines invitation to a party. Janine is my roommate, and a crazy party animal. We have a sweet relationship, I'd describe it to be very mother-daughter-esque. She'll get to our room extremely drunk, stumbling over everything and knocking things everywhere to get to bed. At first it pissed me off that she was always doing this especially during nights where I was studying. But I've grown to like being there to take care of her. Sometimes she'll ask me to talk to her while she sleeps, so I read my notes out loud. This system has grown to be somewhat beneficial to me despite the paradox of it. Tonight there was a party in our sister college, about 10 minutes away. We were going with a couple of other girls from our floor and Janine requested I be the chaperone. "Okay, okay, what am I serving right now?" She entered the room wearing a short black dress with a belt around the waist and some boots, she had some blue jewelry on and her hair was left naturally curly. She was stunning, never failing to impress. "Bella Hadid if she was a curly haired Latina" I laugh, "you look great." She beams and sits next to me. I was surrounded by piles of clothes,"Now can you help me?" Janine starts digging through the clothes and pulls out a green backless top and a black mini skirt. "Oh oh, I have the perfect boots for this." She leaves the clothes on top of her bed while she rummages through her own closet, pulling out a pair of platformed boots.

                We made our way to Tanya's dorm, she was driving us to the party. "Audrey!" Yells a voice from inside our neighboring room. I look inside the open door and find Opal, Renee, and Rachel laughing while drinking white claws. "Already?" I ask while entering, "Audrey! Can you tell Opal Professor Jameson is the HOTTEST man on campus" Renee stands up and puts an arm around my shoulder, while Janine stands in the doorway with her arms crossed. Professor Jameson was our philosophy teacher, and a very proud Turk. He is mostly straightforward with his lessons and stern with his rules.

"He's good looking, but I wouldn't say THE hottest. Wasn't he hooking up with one of his students last semester?"

"Oh yeah. I think her name was Carly, she ended up dropping his class to pursue him. But anyways, he's going to be at the party. That's why Renee is going crazy '' Rachel says and gets up to hug Janine. Professor Jameson was going to be at the party, won't he get in trouble?

             "This is what you came for" was blasting throughout the house, a cabin looking place. Small for the amount of people there were, they were pouring out of the house and into the yard where the drinks were. I noticed my study group for a business class I chose as an elective. "What the hell" Janine pulls me aside, while the rest of the girls make their way into the house, "look who's here" she nods at her ex boyfriend Hunter who was talking to a short blonde girl. They have this toxic cycle where they'll cheat on each other and get mad about it, only to get over it and get back together again. Very confusing, but I also expect that sort of chaos from Janine. "They're probably just friends" I try to reassure her. "No they're not. That is his type. Blonde chicks who need to squeeze into size 2's. Ugh. Let's go get a drink, I'm over him." She grabs my arm and we walk past Hunter towards the nearest keg. "Jan!" calls out Hunter, while I pour Corona into 2 cups. "Ew" mutters Janine, and chugs down her beer. I looked around the place, everyone was in their own world, either having conversations with one another or dancing and singing along. I found myself wondering if Professor Jameson was here, there had to be a reason for him doing that. Perhaps there's a story with him and the student that I don't know about. For some reason, I wanted to find him. Jan was talking to Hunter, which was my cue to go.

          Inside the house, it felt like a typical party movie scene. With people near the staircase, leaning against walls, bopping their heads. Upstairs was quieter, there was only one room here and the door was already locked. I stand in line for the bathroom, where I see the door open, and Professor Jameson walks out with a girl's voice yelling behind him. "You don't even care about me" She cries out, and he walks down the stairs. Could that be Carly?