Page 7.

New Technology Company formed by S1M Group and LP tech

LP tech confirms to have joint hands and become part of S1M Group, forming a new technology company based in Seoul, Korea.

S1M Group, originally based in Australia, has moved to Korea for it's main establishments and will continue business here.

"We have come to an agreement after discussion to combine efforts with S1M Group, under their name." Mr Wang, President of LP tech, says.

LP tech was one of Korea's top few leading companies back in 2018.

"Please look forward to what S1M Group has prepared and the new goals to move forward." Mr Wang adds.

The new joint business is said to revamp and strengthen the IT Industry in Korea.

-KBS NEWS

"See, I told you it was true."

Chae ah said through the phone, one hand holding her taro latte, going back to her office desk.

"But they didn't tell us it was permanent collaboration as in a joint business agreement. I say, I got it half correct."

"Because y'all didn't ask about it."

Jungwon whined through the other line.

They were discussing about the trending news that dropped this morning, regarding LP technology. Working at SBS, Jungwon was also part of the media industry who got the first few information about the news, just that SBS wasn't able to find enough sources to confirm whether it was permanent or a collaboration.

The news was apparently a hit on Korea, Seoul specifically, as it trended on different platforms like Naver.

Even though the hype around LP died down long time ago and people barely remembered it exist, the peak of their business was very well known a few years back, gaining attention from many netizens.

The fact that some lesser-heard-of overseas business is part of this makes the public more curious as there had been rumors from LP tech side about plans to become the "second Samsung".

Rumors started surfacing about 2 months ago through a leaked source but it only got confirmed today.

For the rest in the media industry, however, they pretty much new this 3 months prior from someone in LP tech, that was when news outlets started to dig information for the unknown overseas business which turned out to be S1M Group.

Being an overseas business, information was limited and news outlets refrained from releasing or confirming any statements heard from rumors.

"Told ya. But we still don't have much info about S1M Group."

She spun around her office chair, enjoying a little break time.

"We also don't have much. But don't you think it's rather exciting."

"You mean the news? Not really something new. I've seen to many things like this. But if it actually becomes a hit then I might start investing."

"Investing?"

The sound of chair creaking could be heard faintly from the line, probably Jungwon sitting up.

"Yeah I need the money. I need to do more facials and skincare just cause this job makes me work whenever they want."

Chae ah glanced into the small makeup mirror she had on her desktop, eye bags more evident than before.

"You literally still get PR promotions from brands for your Instagram. That's like extra cash and products."