Chapter 35- Fangs of the Viper

Adriana P.O.V.
Tears streamed out of my eyes as I watched Ajax punched Jake in the temple, cleanly knocking him out. I tried to speak and scream around my gag as Tom dragged Jake out of the room. Worry and fear instantly swept through me; what were they going to do to him?!

Ajax turned back to me and grinned widely. He sat down in a chair by me, slowly running hand up my thigh, making me screw my eyes shut and fresh tears threaten to fall.

"I am sure you are very confused, my love. But I am ready to explain everything to you. Just be quite for me ok?"

He tapped the tip of my nose, making me jump. His hand steadily crept up my leg as he began to talk,

"I don't really blame you for not remembering me, darling. You're aware your father and my uncle were friends in high-school?"

I nodded as much as I could.

"Well, they were still friends when we were little. We spent a summer together as kids, little Adriana."

I frowned, trying to remember ever hanging out with the Collins boys.
Ajax looked thoughtful for a second,

"Let's see...I think you were four and I was seven. Jake was there too."

He gave me a toothy grin,

"Both me and Jake liked you back then. See, the difference with him was that he discovered girls in freshman year and forgot ALL about you. But I never did."

I let out a squeak when his hand reached the top of my thigh. With all my strength I moved my chair away from him, making him chuckle. He placed a finger under my chin,

"See my love, I have always known since I was a kid I would take over the gang. I also knew that involved getting a wife strong enough to help me with the gang."

My heart stopped. Was he really thinking what I was hearing?

He smiled at me softly, reaching behind him and pulled out a small box. A ring box.

My eyes went wide. What was he doing?

He untied my one hand, leaving the other hand tightly bound. He whispered,

"I chose you when I was seven years old. I have kept track of you for your whole life. I have protected you and you didn't even know it. Who do you think drove your abusive Dad away from you? Who do you think told Aunt May that time when Norman was trying to rape you to call Jake?"

I could only stare at him, my mind whirling. Was he stalking me my whole life? Was he watching my every move and I hadn't even known it?

He smiled at me, an actual look of love flashing across his face,

"I wanted you to have a normal life so I kept away. I watched you grow up from a cute feisty child, into a sexy feisty adult. But,"
He frowned and a deep anger replaced the love on his face,
"Something went wrong in my plan. You fell in love with Jake, the playboy that will never care about you, and not me, the one who has always, and always will, love you."

Suddenly, he grabbed my free hand, possessiveness gleaming on his face,

"With this ring, I will show you that. I chose you as a co-boss of the gang, as a lover, as my wife."

He opened the box and pulled out a beautiful ring.

It was two vipers intertwined. They were made of gold and the detail in each scale was stunning. The vipers had their mouths open and the fangs held the most beautiful blood red ruby.

When he grabbed my hand I tried to snatch it away. That was an engagement ring! I didn't want to marry anyone right now, especially not this psycho!