Chapter 11

(Before I write this part, I sincerely apologize for the mistakes in the last chapter. I don't know how I missed them. I feel so ashamed, it was written wired in the first place, but then I even missed multiple mistakes. I'm so, so sorry. And if there are any mistakes in any chapters here on out, feel free to correct them in the comments, please. Also, I want to make the chapters longer when I can, but I don't want to push myself. Sometimes I feel a lack of motivation and other times I do. I hope it doesn't feel inconsistent if i do this.)

          "What haven't you done?"

          "A lott."

          "Okay... Well, what have you done then?"

          "Been hhere."

          "That's it?"

          "Thhink soo."

          "Hmmm. Oh, why don't I take you 'round town."

          "Hhuh?"

          "Come on!" Stan shot up. He sauntered up to the doorway, and looked at Kyle, bright eyed.

          Kyle was extremely hesitant. His face still holding bright embarrassment. But he stood. Then hovered towards Stan and followed him. The outside loomed just in front of Kyle as Stan stepped out. He paused. Froze. His nonexistent heartbeat raced. It paced, it skipped, it quickened. It was like Kyle was gaining life and losing it all at once right before his eyes. A panic flooded his mind. Breath he never had felt short and painful. As if he was drowning at the bottom of a lake, jumping from the tallest building, running from an evil darkness chasing him. But then, a hand. Reaching to become safety. Stans hand was extended to Kyle. Ready to help save him. Kyle grasped it. And was slowed pulled from everything he knew. When he was truly outside, he shut his eyes, held onto Stan like glue to paper. Like this world was poison.

          "Hey, dude it's fine. See, you're not dead. Well, I mean double dead."

          Kyle opened his eyes, looked around. Tons of yellow flowers sprouted up from the ground, breaking the green seas of grass. To one side, there was an overgrown, cracked and lost cause of a parking space, then a thick forest which made a crescent around them. But then to his other side, the town of South Park could be seen. As Kyle was mesmerized by his surroundings, Stan looked at the flowers and pondered. Could I put a flower on Kyle? He bent down and grabbed one of the many dandelions. Since Kyle was distracted, Stan had a clear shot. Stan took the stem and tried to place it into one of the curls upon his ghost friend's head. Unsurprisingly, the flower fell through Kyle. Kyle took a step back an looked a bit confused. He looked towards Stan. Stan's face was red. He was the embarrassed one now. He picked up the flower, twilling it around, and looked away. Then, Stan felt something touch the side of his head. He turned to look at Kyle, who tried the same to Stan, putting a flower in his hair. Awkwardness fell over both of them. It was complete silence, until the sound of footfall could be heard.

          Another young boy slowly emerged from over the hills. As soon as he could be seen, Kyle moved behind Stan. Not so he was hidden, but had a sacrifice if push came to shove. The boy had short blonde hair that was really only present on the top of his head. He looked down, like a lamb to slaughter. 

          Right before the boy was at the tip of a hill, before Stan and Kyle, Stan spoke, "Butters? What are you doing here?"

          The boy looked up, a bit in surprise, "Oh jeez, I didn't think you were out! You see, the fellas sent me up here to fetch you, Stan. They think you're still all locked up!" 

          "The hell, it's been way longer than I agreed to! You guys lock me up in a haunted hospital and then planned to leave me in there a full extra day?!"

          "Haunted!? Jee whiz I wouldn't want to be all locked up either." 

          Stan put his fingers on the bridge of his nose, clearly annoyed with his friends. Butters held an awkward look of empathy. But that changed when Kyle left some of his cover behind Stan. When Butters noticed Kyle, he screamed, he fell backwards, then got up, and started to scurry in fear. 

          "BUTTERS! WAIT!" Stan cried when he realized what happened. Butters stopped and looked back at them. Stan ran up to Butters, leaving Kyle. "Jesus, let me explain. Kyle isn't actually that scary."