THE BIGINNING

"Raizielle! Raizielle! Raizielle!"

The old woman-Almeera- calls me as she rushes towards me, huffing breathlessly.

I place the heavy axe beside the wooden block and wipe the sweat off my brow.
The sun is setting and the evening hue washes over the bustling streets of Silla.

I can still see the large palace uphill at a far distance from me.

My labour clothes are cloaked with dirt and dust of heavy axe wielding.

"Raizielle!" Almeera grabs my shoulders as she tries to regain her breath and then takes out a piece of paper from her pocked.

I wait for her to regain her recomposure and she hold my hand and thrust the paper into my hand.

"What is this?" I ask, gazing heavily at the paper before reading the scribbled words.

"They're recruiting!" She exclaims, unable to contain the excitement in her voice.

Is it this again?

She wants me to depart to Vale city and live with my uncle who is a skilled blacksmith.

"It's not that at all." Almeera ushers me and urges me to read on.

I skim through the words, hurriedly.

Instantly, I become still.

Waves of shock wash over me like gusts of winds slamming against the rocky shoreline.

My eyes widen and I read them again.

"Its the king, it is." Almeera shakes with happiness.

"He's the one recruitin' this time.
Big, large males. Muscular ones."

What the hell?!!!

Almeera looks at me and her eyes are like twin lit candle flames.

"You can do this thing." She continues and spreads her hands.

"I'll get you the disguise..."

"Ok ok." I intervene and gently hold her hands in mine.
I can feel something real good here.

What I see is a 1 percent chance ticket straight into the palace.

And a sense of excitement shoots up my spine.

"What you gonna do, huh?"

I look at her; the woman who raised me, fed me and educated me since the unexpected death of my parents.

She knew my pain all those years and she soaked her tissues with grief stricken tears through the nights.

Her mouth whispered endless prayers while I ventured into the barren woodlands to train myself and become an honed fighter.

My hands rest on her bony shoulders and my earnest eyes lock on hers.

"Yeah." I say, my eyes burning holes behind her back. "I'm gonna do this."

She puts her hand over mine and smiles with tears lingering in her eyes.

"I know you'll do this, I know." She remarks and I nod at her.

In this city of Silla, everything seems restricted.

But the hustling bustling town still moves and the towncrier is heard farther away, spreading the news.

Banners being incorporated on bricked walls everywhere.

Men on horses scramming around.

People are measured by their backgrounds and the poor are treated like animals.

In such a place, I can merely thank the kind hearted woman who dared to take the daughter of treasoned people and embrace her within my arms.

She hugs me back, tightly.

My eyes open and seek that one haven which calls my name, day and night.

In my dreams and nightmares and in my living hellish life.

The palace glares at me, challenging me.

Prince Ian.

Here I come.