✿|³⁰

For the past two months, Happy and James had been concentrating on how best to kill the three men without drawing too much attention

For the past two months, Happy and James had been concentrating on how best to kill the three men without drawing too much attention. They didn't do it behind the club's back, both Happy and James were too loyal to betray their brothers. After an intense conversation, Jax finally agreed that Happy could take revenge on the three men if he found an opportunity. They were at war with the Rivals anyway and they could only dream of peace at the moment.

In a mass brawl between the two clubs, a Sons prospect had already lost his life, leading Jax to see red and demand a dead Rival in return⸺ which he got. At the moment it was a back and forth, neither allowed to enter the other's territory, making it difficult to continue doing business with the Mayans, the Niners and the Chinese. The business meetings could only be held in Charming. Luckily Jax had Nero, who took care of the meetings and made sure everything went on as usual.

Neither Cassie nor Lyla, the children or Gemma were allowed to leave the house without a patched member⸺ the risk that the Rivals had planned an attack on the Sons' family members was too high. This only made Happy even more possessive and cautious and he only let Cassie out of his sight when he had no other choice, and he was glad that his Old Lady wasn't bothered by this. On the contrary, she enjoyed having him around more often, especially now that she was so close to the due date.

But James and Lyla also spent a lot more time together. The eldest Connor made it his job to look after Lyla and her children, making sure they were okay during this exhausting, dangerous time. In the aftermath of Kayla's death and attack on Lily, he had always had her support, and he also knew her feelings towards her. As Cassie had advised Lyla a few months ago, the blonde had been honest and revealed her feelings to James. And while he was flattered, he wasn't ready for anything new then. But over the last two months his feelings towards Lyla had also grown and he couldn't deny that he wanted more with her. So they gave it a try and recently announced that they were a couple now. Yet both of them still lived in their own houses, which would stay like this until both were completely sure that their relationship felt right.

Cassie tried not to let anyone see how nervous this war really made her. The image of Happy being tormented was still stuck in her bones and she no longer knew the feeling of security. Inside she was upset, anxious, worried⸺ she just wanted it all to end so they could calm down again. Happy and her deserved to be able to enjoy the first time with the baby⸺ now that she had finally come to terms with becoming a mother. The fear of failure was still there, but the voices in her head were getting quieter and she was starting to feel more confident in this new role. The baby wasn't here yet, but Cassie was in good spirits and Happy would be the best father anyway.

With a smile she looked down at her bump while she sorted the last clothes for her little boy into the white closet in the baby's room, which she had bought with Happy just a few days ago. Now that they knew it was going to be a boy, they could buy whatever they wanted. Tenderly, she ran her hand over the now pretty large bump as the baby moved inside her again, not noticing Happy watching her while he casually leaned against the doorframe.