12

2 more months quickly passed and Ryan was back at work, and also had gotten a ring for Lacey. They were making big changes and had moved into Hailey's place together (With permission from Hailey, of course) but still had Ryan's place for another month or 2 just until the lease was up. 

Days after moving in, the alarm for Lacey started to go off and she was pretty much known for sleeping right through it

"Of course, you're sleeping through your alarm again," Ryan grumbled as he saw Lacey still sound asleep. Her phone was playing the same song on a loop that usually was able to wake her up. He sighed and reached over her, playing with her 2-week old engagement ring on her finger. "Lace. Alarms going off,"

"Mmm," she grumbled this time, rolling over to hide herself from the sunlight in his chest. "5 more minutes?"

"If you want 5 more minutes, I need to go get the coffee so we're not late,"

"Do we need the coffee?" Lacey asked, whining a little as he got up.

"You do, you're a monster without it," Ryan chuckled, kissing her head before walking out to the kitchen of Lacey and Hailey's shared apartment. "Morning,"

"She up?"

"If you count her grumbling," He said as he poured a mug of coffee for himself and then makes a tumbler full of Ice coffee for Lacey, "How on earth does she drink this in the dead of winter?"

"I've learned to stop asking," Hailey chuckled, peeking out the window, "Adam's here, tell her I'll see her at work,"

"Will do,' He nodded, walking back to Lacey's bedroom to see her still sound asleep. "Lace come on, 5 minutes is up,"

"Ugh, fine," She grumbled, rubbing her eyes before going to her bathroom to brush her teeth and do her hair. Ryan does the same before they both get changed.

"Now why is it that you get to wear jeans and a t-shirt to work while I have to wear this glorious uniform," Ryan sighed, pulling her close to him. " And might I add, that t-shirt looks great on you,"

Lacey chuckled as she rolled her eyes, giving him the morning kiss that she'd been waiting for. "Maybe you should apply for CPD and you could get into a specialized unit like mine,"

"I like my job, the pay's nice. Help us afford the huge wedding you want," he teased, "Which you're gonna get,"

"Anything I want?"

"Anything you want," Ryan confirmed, giving her another kiss before they headed out to the cars.

Lacey took off towards the 21st district while Ryan headed to the state patrol office. She parked her car and went upstairs, heading to the bullpen where she met her brother.