✿|³¹

After a week in the hospital, Cassie was finally allowed to go home with the baby

After a week in the hospital, Cassie was finally allowed to go home with the baby. Since she had delivered almost a month early and Callum's vitals were a little low, the doctors wanted to make sure and keep them under surveillance. But, as expected, Callum was a pretty strong little boy and after three days his levels were back to normal. All tests came back good and the doctors discharged Cassie and the little one this morning.

Happy was the week that the two were in the hospital there everyday, visiting them as often as possible and making sure that Cassie got enough good food during that time. Every day when he came to visit at lunchtime, he would drive by a diner before and get her favorite meal from the menu⸺ which Cassie appreciated immensely. The food in the hospital was okay, but nothing compared to her favorite meals from the their favorite diner.

It was rare to find a man like Happy these days, and no matter how tough and cold the biker seemed, she knew that he would burn the world down for her and their son. When she saw him with their son for the first time, how carefully but still skilfully he took Callum in his arms, she was completely overcome by her emotions and could hardly believe how lucky she was. It was also the first time she'd seen Happy cry⸺ although he'd always tried to wipe away the tears quickly before anyone could see them. It was only in this intimate moment that she realized how glad she was not to have aborted Callum at the time. She probably would have regretted it for the rest of her life.

Even if she was still insecure and afraid, the moment her son lay on her chest for the first time, sucking on his little hand, she knew that she would do anything for the little one. The first two nights were exhausting and she was still weak from the birth, but luckily Happy was able to stay in the hospital for the first three nights. Which was a great help to her because she had yet to recover herself and was still in pain.

Lyla would drop by every morning after taking the kids to school and in the evenings James would drop by with Benny and Lily to support his sister as well. He couldn't be prouder. The eldest Connor hadn't counted on ever being an uncle since Cassie never wanted children and he wasn't so sure about Benny either. That's why he was all the more happy to have a nephew after all, whom he absolutely adored.

Benny was also thrilled to have become an uncle again. His sometimes rebellious nature, which was normal as a teenager, completely disappeared when he was with Lily or the baby and Cassie knew that the now sixteen year old would be just as great as an uncle as James. Lily was absolutely thrilled too with the baby and how small Callum was. Whenever she was there, she had paid close attention to his little fingers and giggled when Callum's hand closed around her own little finger.

With her family and friends by her side, but especially Happy by her side, Cassie knew nothing could go wrong.

“I'm glad we're finally home!” Cassie kicked off her sneakers and went straight to the kitchen to get them both something to drink out of the fridge before she walked into the living room where Happy now was, a smile on his face as he got Callum out of the infant carrier.