SIX

!! second pov :p

This was wrong, incredibly wrong. You pressed your body close against the wall nearest to the door, listening intently to the conversation between your newest friends older brother and Miko. Speaking of, the man's tone was sharp as he spoke. "That party should have never happened. You cannot spread this shit around, Miko—"

"But I can?" Miko countered, you could practically hear the underlining purr in her tone. "If you didn't want this getting out then maybe you should've kept your hands to yourself."

"I was drunk!" Ayato protested.

You furrowed your brows. It seemed like they were discussing the after party that had happened after homecoming roughly a week ago. Miko chuckled softly. "I don't really see why I should be helping you."

"Are you serious?" Ayato was clearly becoming extremely irritated. "If Thoma knew—"

"Ah," Miko hummed. "That's why this is so pressing. You don't want your little boy toy to know about your wandering eyes."

"Wandering drunk eyes."

"Ayato." Miko flatlined. "I told you to talk to her. And tell her your g—"

Ayato shushed her quickly, and you hummed. So both Kamisato siblings were gay, interesting. "No one else needs to know that Miko."

Miko sighed. "I'm sorry, I wasn't aware you weren't.." She trailed off. "Nevermind that, you still need to talk to her. I gave you a week, she's gonna start wondering why you have been avoiding her. And you know when that happens, rumors will spiral. You know what happens after that,"

Silence fills between them, and you panic thinking they've noticed how long you've taken, before Ayato finally speaks. "What exactly is in this for you? Why are you doing this?"

Miko hums. "Blame it on my nature," She mumbles. "So, will you do it? You know you can't keep leading her on like this. Things will be worse if she spreads stuff and Thoma finds out that way."

"Fine," Ayato mumbles. "I'll talk to her tomorrow."

"Good."

There was another beat of silence, before Miko spoke up again. "I'll be going then. And keeping an eye out tomorrow, if I find you're trying to bail on this I will personally make sure Thoma finds out through me. And we both don't want that."

"Yes ma'am," Ayato mutters, but it's sarcastically.

Miko chuckles. "Careful."

Footsteps are heard again, and then there's silence. You sigh out quietly and move to the door, waiting only a second before opening it. Miko stares back with a gently smile, and a raised fist as if she was just about to knock. "There you are," She nods. "Thought you'd fallen asleep."

Forcing a awkward chuckle, you shut off the light and shuffle out of the bathroom. "I got distracted on my phone," You lie. "I was texting my mother."

Miko hums, eyeing you before nodding away toward the stairs. "Before we go," She tilts her head. "Will you do something for me?"

You raise a brow, forcing out a breathy smile. "Uh, depends."

"Would you give me your number?"

"Wha- What?" You sputter, raising both brows now and staring in disbelief. Miko chuckles, and her sudden playful smirk makes your heart speed. "Why would you want that?"

Miko steps closer. "Well you are a beautiful girl, why wouldn't I?" She leans her face in, though dodging your face and instead moving toward your ear, where she whispers. "Plus, you owe me."