Part 3

A cold breeze ran in from the open windows in the library.There were no words to express its beauty.Shelves filled with antique books filled the room,a dim light shining in from the upcoming sunset.I felt my loose curls as I tied my hair up with a green ribbon.Skimming through books,I took one off the shelf and was about to read it when I heard someone walk through the door.

Turning around,I saw an old man walk through the door,time was clearly not on his side.The years had betrayed him.His once lush beard was now no more than a stuble,his vibrant green eyes were now nothing more than a pair of squinted fields and his skin had turned the colour of a blank sheet.He tried smiling at me,the corners of his lips turned up but didn't reach his eyes.Limping,he walked over to me and placed a warm hand on my cheek.

I slapped it off,not wanting even a trace of him left on my skin.A look of hurt flashed through his eyes,only for a second before returning to their usual resting position.

"Get your hands off me,"I said calmly.He let out a deep sigh in response.

"What did I do wrong?"He turned around to face me,"Nothing!You were just a little girl.."He sighed before continuing,"I wasn't ready to be a father to be there for you and your mother,but Aurora you must know,I loved you dearly."

I looked him in the eye,"you were there for your new family tho weren't you?What did that woman and her unborn child have that me and mother didn't?If you truly loved me,you wouldn't have left!"I was yelling by the end,I could feel fresh hot tears streaming down my face.

"Aurora-,"he started."No,just go,there's nothing here for you to salvage."With that,he turned around and started to walk out,when a little boy ran up into his arms."Daddy!"he screamed happily.He placed a kiss on the little boy's forhead before walking out and shutting the door behind him.

I leaned against the wall,my back sliding down until I was sat across the floor.I buried my face in my knees and placed my hands to the floor.My left hand brushed against something hard and cold.Turning to the side,I saw it was the book I was about to read before my father walked in.I picked it up and read the title.'The lost princess of Niaquate',it read.Wiping my eyes with the palms of my hands,I opened the first page and began to read.