CHAPTER 1: Birth

Hundreds of thousands of years ago...

The universe was but a small area filled with activity. A seemingly endless turmoil of energy. A field of chaos, even.

That was how it was in the beginning. The universe probably had existed for longer in this state, but one could only imagine.

At some point, however, did a very specific thing happen. A spark of life. The rise of "the universe's sentience".

A spark no bigger than a marble formed in the middle of this small universe. And through it, the universe began to conform.

What was once the size of maybe a beach ball became far larger as the spark expanded space. Time began to flow as well, complementing the expanse as the universe became around a million, maybe a billion times its original size.

From there, this spark would come to create various things. Things that would help the various worlds to form themselves. Matter, antimatter, dark matter, all its creations.

The universe's sentience had the power to absorb energy from just about anywhere. Alongside such an extreme power, it had the ability to change the form of boundaries of each world as it sees fit. The ability to merge and separate entire worlds.

This process of creation would continue for about the next 30,000 years.

Once all was done, the universe's sentience heads towards the turmoil of chaos - still present, albeit smaller - in order to create one last thing before departing into the unknown.

It gathered some of the four energies together and weaved and braided them together in a particular way.

This combined energy formed into a humanoid shape. Before long, the light faded to reveal a cosmic being. One that resembled a human girl, despite the fact that humans have yet to exist.

The girl had blonde hair near elbow length, a single strand of hair laying on the top of her head. More larger, prehensile strands of hair laid at the sides of her head, resembling tendrils. All that this girl wore was a light aquamarine wide-tied dress with a white circle in the center. The girl looked rather peaceful, even in this state of unconsciousness.

Shorty after being formed, she opened her indigo-colored eyes. The very first thing she saw was the spark, hovering high in the air. As soon as she became fixated on it, the spark flew downwards, hovering over her hands when she raised them. Eventually, she could hear a voice speaking to her from inside her head.

 Eventually, she could hear a voice speaking to her from inside her head

Greetings. I bid you welcome.

The voice, however, didn't speak this in any human language. In fact, up until this point, language was not even a thing. The girl was correct to assume that the spark was speaking to her somehow. In the same language as the voice, her innate voice began to speak.

"M...Mama...?"

I shall bring myself to explain everything. You may call me the Will of the Worlds.

This caused her to invest in listening to the spark, which had called itself "the Will of the Worlds".

You are named Marle. You are a living manifestation of me.

The girl, Marle, muttered her new name to herself before diverting her attention back to the Will of the Worlds.

I had brought you into existence for a reason. You are to watch over this universe, and the very worlds that are scattered through it.

Marle only gave a puzzled look. To her, that sounded like a tall order.

I wish you the best of luck.

With that, the Will of the Worlds began to float away.

"M-Mama!" cried Marle, as the Will of the Worlds departed to somewhere.

Everything seemed to have just happened so quickly, her mind could not process it.

Her "mother" just left her, a girl with the mentality of a newborn infant, a curious and naive being with almost no life experience, to her own devices. What even counted as "watching over the universe", anyway?

Marle fretted over the thought of doing this all alone. But it was the duty she was assigned.

With that, she departed, wanting to explore the world around her.