01 | RESCUE

TAGS. : muggle au ; modern au ; tattoo artist sirius ; tattoo artist james ; piercer remus ; protective marauders ; tatted up marauders ; biker sirius ; fluff

WARNINGS : attempted assault (not explicit + nothing happens) ; stalking behaviour - please stay safe lovelies

LENGTH : 1.3k

not proofread or edited

───  ⋅ ∙ ∘ ☽ ༓ ☾ ∘ ⋅ ⋅  ───

You typically didn't care much for catching the late shift since you didn't live too far away from the pub, if you were slow it only took 15 minutes. Most of the walk home was also along the main, where other people could see you so even though it was dark, you still felt safe. You've always made it home without feeling at risk of any attack for the last four months, ever since you started working, until tonight.

It was a regular night shift at the pub, you couldn't count how many people you served but you made sure to flash your sweet smile for some extra tips here and there. You greeted the regulars and had their drinks prepared for them before they even made an order and occasionally engaged in some idle chatter when you found some free time. It started off well until one of the more difficult regulars came in and started causing a ruckus three pints down. He always tried to get handsy with you but you had your co-workers, manager and the pub goers there to keep him in check so he never got very far. The bastard had left an hour or so before he knew your shift ended so you didn't think you'd see him again but he had been waiting for you across the street outside and now you were desperate to get home and away from his distressing company.

But what then?...If you went home he'll know where you live and god knows what he'd do if he knew that. Your heart stuttered in your chest and your breath caught in your throat from the disturbing images that thought brought on. You won't ever let that happen, especially since you lived with your friends and would put them in danger too. For now, you'll take the long route home and maybe find a turning you can run down to escape him in.

Making the turn for the long route back home, you wrapped your coat tighter around you and sped up your pace only to feel your stomach drop at the sound of the footfalls behind you also accelerating. This can't be happening. There were tears in your eyes as you looked ahead and resolved to start running as soon as you caught most of your breath back. The streets weren't as busy tonight so people were scarce, which spiked the fear and adrenaline in your veins, heart hammering in your chest.

"Ay! Slow down will ya'! I just wanna talk sweetheart!" the man shouted suddenly, his smug tone illustrating his malicious grin behind you. The suddenness of his yell shocks your nerves and shoots you forward into a sprint when you realise how much closer he was than you originally anticipated. The terrifying pursuit was on.

His verbal assaults flew over your head. You blocked them out because your heart was pumping so fast from the adrenaline and fear, your only focus was on keeping up your pace and looking out for anyone that could help you. Just as you were beginning to lose hope, you looked up to see three men exit the tattoo and piercing shop (The Marauders) you walked past when you had more time to get to work. The bulkier one wearing glasses was locking the door as a tall brunette stood by his side with a hand in his pocket and the last man with his black hair up in a small bun made his way over to lean against a parked motorbike, his helmet propped up on the seat beside him.

"Help!" you call out immediately, desperation and anxiety evident in your voice as your legs sped up to reach them faster, "Help me, please!" The tears had spilled over now as the man behind you also sped up and started shouting louder. The man who had been leaning against his motorbike shot to his feet and opened his arms up for you to run into, which you happily did. At that moment, you had never felt such relief in your life and sobbed freely into his shoulder, "please help," you cried, "m-make him go away,"

"It's okay, sweetheart, it's okay," the biker whispered into your ear, pulling you close by the waist as his other hand gently caressed the back of your head. With you locked in his arms, Sirius steps back some more and moves to put himself between you and your pursuer.

Panting the drunk bastard pulled an unconvincing friendly grin, "Come on now, guys-"

"Shut it mate," peering over the biker's shoulder, you see the brawny man in glasses snarl at the drunk, his arm muscles made taut as he folded them across his chest, flexing his tattoos, "you better fuck off before things get dirty between us, alright?"

"You're misunderstanding," the drunk hiccupped and continued, "you see, she's my girlfriend and she's just bein' dramatic aint ya, sweets?"

"That doesn't matter," the tall brunette piped up and stepped forward, towering over the disgusting man, "she clearly doesn't want to be around you right now so you better do what the lady says and git!"

"She's a little liar is wh-"

"Don't even try you sick bastard," James shouts, grabbing the guy by the collar and pushing him back, "we know that you're the liar here so you better leave the pretty lady alone or else I'll start swingin'"

Struggling to push James off, the man eventually scrambles away and almost lands face first into the pavement, "You're bunch o' pricks!"

"Yeah yeah yeah, shove it up your arse, dickhead, we don't care," the one in glasses waved off and, together with the brunette chased away the poor excuse of a man.

"Don't worry, love, he's gone now..." Sirius whispers comfortingly beside your ear and leans back to take a look at your face with a sympathetic pout, "you're gonna be okay," he wipes away your tears and tenderly tucks a loose strand of hair behind your ear. The affection brings a soft smile to your lips and you thank him sincerely in a meek voice, which he smiles at in return.

"You okay, doll?" James asks, brows furrowing in concern as his anger gradually subsides. He couldn't believe any man would do such a thing to a lady. The bastard probably grew up in a swamp of some kind with no manners, James truly hopes he gets run over.

"Y-yeah, a little bit," you smile at them with a grateful nod, "the adrenaline is still there but I'll be fine,"

Taking in your shaking shoulders, Sirius gives you a tight squeeze and pats your back reassuringly, muttering under his breath, "There, there love," thankful for his actions, you lean your head against his shoulder and breath in his scent of comfort and safety - leather, green soap, musk and smoke.

"Well, at least you're not hurt," Remus smiles but in his eyes there is still evidence of his earlier rage. He can't imagine the amount of fear you had to have experienced from such a chilling affair, he feels somewhat protective of you now, especially when you look so small and compliant in Sirius's arms.

"We'll walk you the rest of your way home, okay?" James gently insists with a subdued grin, appreciating your cute face when you pull away from Sirius's shoulder to stare at him wide-eyed.

"Y-you'd do that for me?" you bite your lip, feeling tears well up from how fortunate and relieved you felt.

"Nonsense, dove," Remus smiles warmly at you, "it's not any trouble, it would be more for us since we'd be worrying about you all night, otherwise," comforted by their reassurance, you let them walk you home and gave them each a hug and one last word of thanks at your doorstep before you waved them off and slipped inside. Safe and sound, you smile to yourself at the thought of your heroes in tattoos.