03 | GROCERIES

sum. : you have a chance encounter with your heroes in an unlikely setting.

g. : modern au ; muggle au ; tattoo artist sirius ; tattoo artist james ; piercer remus ; innocent reader ; this is all very domestic ; very fluffy ; marauders being sweetheart ; r is clumsy

length : 1.5k

─── ⋅ ∙ ∘ ☽ ༓ ☾ ∘ ⋅ ⋅ ───

"Is that who I think it is?" Sirius speaks up as Remus inspects the pricing of the brie in his hand. The mousy haired brunette doesn't look up but James eagerly whips his head around to the direction Sirius points to and immediately smiles.

"Hey Remus, look!" James nudges their tall friend in the side and quickly escalates to shaking his shoulder for attention. Remus finally looks after putting the brie in their shopping cart and smiles lovingly at the image of you reaching up to get a gallon of milk. You're the perfect picture of domestic cosiness, dressed in an oversized grey sweater that reaches your mid thigh along with tall white socks and white platform sports trainers.

"She looks so cute!" James squeals beside him and Remus nods in agreement, admiring your pretty legs and casual hairdo.

"Let's go say hi lads!" Sirius is already approaching you mid way through his sentence and slings his arm across your shoulders when he finally reaches your side, "Hey Princess," Sirius grins at your shocked expression which quickly morphs into a bright smile.

"Sirius!" you beam up at the tattoo artist who affectionately presses a kiss to your forehead. Looking over his shoulder, your smile grows at the sight of James approaching you with Remus close behind, pushing along a shopping trolley, "James, Remus!" you give them an excited wave as you adjust the basket in your other arm, "Hello!"

"I see our angel's up to some shopping," James starts with his boyish grin as your cheeks heat up from the nickname, "Do you need help carrying that?" he reaches for your basket but you politely say you're fine. He doesn't protest but frowns, looking like a kicked puppy and only wanting to be helpful to you. He is at your disposal and eager to serve. The image of his pitiful eyes pulls at your heartstrings but you stay strong.

"Would you like to shop with us?" Remus asks, stealing your attention as he leans his forearms on the handles of the trolly and smiles sweetly at you, "You can help us choose what to have for tea tonight,"

"You guys live together?"

"Oh yeah, want to join the flat?" Sirius teasingly suggests beside you, "We have a spare room," you laugh but shake your head 'no' which the tattoo artist snaps his fingers at and clicks his tongue in a comical 'damnit' display, "oh well,"

"So will you help us decide what to have for tea?" James pipes up and returns your attention to Remus's original suggestion.

"Why not?" you shrug your shoulders good naturedly, "It could be fun," the three men cheer, bringing a smile to your lips. Even though they look intimidating from afar with their height, tattoos and piercings, they were all sweethearts deep down.

The four of you go through each aisle, the boys gathering their household staples while you tick off the few items that were on the list you brought along so as to not forget anything. Remus managed to convince you to put your tray in their trolley so you weren't weighed down and could move freely without having to burden someone else too much. The brunette was happy to push around the cart as it meant he stayed behind and could keep a better eye on the two men before him as well as yourself.