Fading Emotions -Chapter one

"I'm disappointed in you Jamie. You said you'd do better on this assignment, but I've seen no progress" a teacher said to Jamie as she set a paper on his desk. "Why don't you go to the office and call your parent to pick you up?"

Jamie didn't say anything as he gripped the paper and walked out of the classroom and to the office. The principal didn't even seem shocked and just handed him the phone as if saying to get this over with. Jamie did feel bad as he had been trying so hard to do better but he was burned out, if he could just do his art he'd be fine.

"Jamie Ere Clear, this is the 6th time you've called me from school. I'm guessing you need me to pick you up again?" His mom sighed as she finished the question.

"Yeah, seems that way..." He said nearly emotionless.

He knew he was a failure in the schools eyes, maybe even his mom's as she had to deal with him always getting sent home early. She was lenient at the first few times but now she was tired and gave up yelling at him for it. His father left him and he knew why but he dared not bring it up to his mom in fear it'll upset her.

"Jamie... I've enrolled you into counseling, somethings bugging you and it's been distracting you from your schoolwork. Maybe talking about it with a counselor will help you." His mom said sounding upset and tired.

He knew what she was doing, signing him up for counseling, she wanted information on what's going on in his brain. He wanted to disappear or run away even though he knew it wouldn't end his issues, he wanted to. He'd go to counseling but he wouldn't talk to them, making that decision he knew he could hide his 'story' from everyone, even the government.

He suddenly got a text from his friend, he didn't even bother to look at it, instead choosing to stare out of the cars window to watch the scenery pass by.