Unspoken Understanding

As the race day wound down, and the celebration at the club beckoned. Amelia's heart raced as Daniel steered the car back to the hotel, the silence between them palpable. 

Upon reaching the hotel room, Daniel turned to Amelia, his gaze filled with concern. "Amelia, I know you're tough, but that incident on the track must have shaken you up. Take the night to relax, rest, and heal. You've had a lot on your plate lately, and I want you to prioritize your well-being."

Amelia nodded, her voice filled with gratitude. "I'm shaken, but physically I'm fine, thanks to you, Daniel. I can always count on you to guide me through those intense moments."

He smiled, his eyes conveying a mix of pride and concern. "That's what I'm here for, little sis. You did incredibly well out there. I couldn't be prouder of you. But let's not dwell on it now. Everyone's heading to the club to celebrate, but I think it's best if you take some time to relax and recover from the incident."

Amelia's brows furrowed in confusion. "But Daniel, shouldn't we join them? It's a celebration, after all."

Daniel's expression softened as he placed a hand on her shoulder. "You need some time for yourself, Amelia. You've had quite an eventful day, and I think it's important for you to decompress. Trust me on this."

Reluctantly, Amelia nodded, realizing the wisdom in Daniel's words. "Alright, Daniel. I'll stay here and take it easy. But promise me you'll have a drink for me at the club, okay?"

He chuckled, a twinkle of mischief in his eyes. "I'll have a few in your honor, don't worry. Now go, rest up, and I'll see you later."

As Daniel left the room, Amelia exhaled deeply, feeling a mix of relief and disappointment. The conflicted emotions within her seemed to intensify as she prepared to unwind in the shower, hoping the water would wash away the racing chaos that still echoed in her mind.

Minutes passed as the hot water cascaded over her body, soothing her tense muscles. Lost in her thoughts, she barely registered the sound of the hotel room door opening. Startled, she quickly shut off the water and reached for a towel, wrapping it tightly around herself.

Her eyes widened as she saw Carlos standing there, concern etched across his face. "Amelia, ¿estás bien? I heard what happened during the race. I had to make sure you were okay," he spoke, his voice laced with genuine worry.

Amelia's heart pounded in her chest, a whirlwind of emotions threatening to overwhelm her. She stammered, her voice betraying a mix of surprise and confusion. "Carlos, what are you doing here? How did you even get in?"

Carlos stepped closer, his eyes softening as he took in her disheveled appearance. "I asked the front desk if I could check on you. I didn't want to leave without knowing you were alright."

She swallowed hard, her mind racing to comprehend the situation. The incident with Charles lingered in the back of her mind, a secret she couldn't bear to reveal to Carlos. "I... I appreciate your concern, Carlos. I'm shaken, but physically I'm okay. It was a close call out there."

Carlos nodded, his gaze never leaving her. "I'm glad you're alright, Amelia. Let me help you with those cuts from the incident. We can't have you racing with injuries."

Her heart softened at his genuine concern, and she nodded gratefully. "Thank you, Carlos. I appreciate your help."

Carlos retrieved the first-aid kit from the bathroom cabinet, his touch gentle as he began tending to her cuts. The room fell into a comfortable silence as the weight of their unspoken connection hung in the air.