Chapter 9

You and Percy decided to go on a new quest to save Annabeth. You asked Hecate to help you. She agreed and gave you some clues and advice. She said that Annabeth was being held in a secret base somewhere in the Mediterranean Sea. She said that the base was guarded by monsters and traps. She said that you had to find a way to infiltrate the base and rescue Annabeth before Gaea woke up. She said that you had to hurry, because Gaea was getting stronger every day.She also gave you a warning. She said that Gaea had a spy in Camp Half-Blood. She said that someone you trusted was working for her. She said that someone was trying to sabotage your quest. She said that someone was trying to kill you.She didn't tell you who it was. She said you had to figure it out yourself.You thanked her and left the temple. You got in the car and drove to the nearest port. You rented a boat and sailed to the sea.You followed the map that Hecate had given you. You searched for the base.You faced many dangers and challenges along the way. You fought against harpies, sirens, cyclopes, hydras, scorpions, giants, dragons and more. You escaped from whirlpools, storms, rocks, mines, nets and more. You solved riddles, puzzles, mazes, codes and more.You also faced some personal issues along the way. You had to deal with your feelings for Percy and Annabeth. You had to deal with your doubts and fears. You had to deal with your secrets and lies.You had to deal with the spy.You didn't know who it was. You didn't know who to trust.You suspected everyone.You suspected Grover, your friend and protector.You suspected Chiron, your teacher and mentor.You suspected Nico, your brother and ally.You suspected Hecate, your patron and benefactor.You even suspected Percy, your lover and partner.But you didn't have any proof.You didn't have any evidence.You didn't have any clue.Until it was too late.