oneshot

It was a chilly night in Seoul, and Dokja had just finished his nightly reading session, the only time he allowed himself to indulge in his favorite webnovels. As he got ready for bed, he couldn't stop thinking about Joonghyuk, his most trusted companion and closest friend.

Dokja was a sweet and intelligent man who had saved Joonghyuk from certain death countless times. Yoo Joonghyuk was truly grateful for his friendship, sure, but lately, he couldn't shake off the feeling that there was something more between them.

As he lay in bed, staring at the ceiling, a sudden urge to confess his feelings to Kim Dokja took over. He rose from his bed, changed into a comfortable set of pajamas, and made his way to the squid's room.

When he stepped inside, he found Dokja sitting at his desk, poring over a stack of books. As Yoo Joonghyuk approached him, The reader looked up, surprised to see him.

"Joonghyuk, what brings you here at this hour?" Dokja asked, setting down his books.

Joonghyuk hesitated for a moment, but he knew that he had to speak his mind. "Dokja, I need to tell you something. It's been weighing on me for a while now," he said, taking a deep breath.

Kim Dokja raised an eyebrow smugly, sensing that something was off. "What is it, Joonghyuk? You can talk to me, you know," he said smirking- like the squid bastard he was.

Joonghyuk cleared his throat and took a step closer to Joonghyuk. "I... I have feelings for you, Dokja," he said, his voice barely above a whisper.

Dokja eyes widened in shock, but he quickly composed himself. "Feelings? What do you mean, Joonghyuk?" he asked, his voice steady.

Joonghyuk took a deep breath and then spoke, "I've fallen in love with you, Dokja. I know it's sudden, but I can't deny how I feel anymore. You've been by my side through everything, and I can't imagine my life without you."

The previously confident Dokja was speechless, trying to process what Joonghyuk had just told him. He always knew that they had a special connection, but he hadn't realized that it could be more than just a close friendship.

After what felt like an eternity, Dokja finally found his voice. "Yoo Joonghyuk." Joonghyuk felt a chill running down his spine. After a brief moment of silence, Dokja spoke "I don't know what to say. I had no idea that you felt this way. But I do know one thing: I care about you deeply, more than anything in this world," he said, his voice filled with emotion.

Joonghyuk's heart skipped a beat, and he knew that this was the moment he had been waiting for. He took a step forward and wrapped his arms around his beloved reader, holding him tightly.

The regressor returned the embrace, and they stayed like that for what felt like an eternity. Neither of them wanted to let go of the other, knowing that they had found something truly special in each other.

As they finally pulled away, the Most Ancient Dream looked into Joonghyuk eyes, his heart thumping against his chest. "Joonghyuk, tell me more about how you feel. I want to know everything," he said softly.

Joonghyuk took a deep breath and began to spill everything that he had kept bottled up inside for so long. He talked about how he admired Dokja's intelligence, his compassion, and his unwavering loyalty. He spoke about how he had always been there for him, even in his darkest moments, and how he knew that he could always count on him.

Dokja listened intently, drinking in every word that his favorite character spoke. When Joonghyuk finally ran out of steam, Dokja smiled and said, "Joonghyuk, I feel the same way. You are the most important person in my life, and I can't imagine my life without you either."

[This story is for just that one reader.]

The End