01

Hong Joshua was the youngest of his brothers. His life was almost like a fairytale but the enchantment didn't endure these days, his parents died , his sister became a paranoid woman, and his daring brother said goodbye to him even if he wasn't ready to be alone. Every beautiful canvas in his house became part of his nightmare. 

Everything was so strange, he didn't know his family as he thought, he didn't know anything about the undercover life of the Hongs and for his surprise that information fall on him during a lonely night of June 

"In the game, I was the king, I will fight to keep my kingdom safe from the front row, you are the queen, my strongest piece who will checkmate at the unexpected moment."

These words were the last that his brother said to him introducing his twin brother to the wicked chessboard.

He promised himself kill whoever was the murderer of his brother, his mother and his father, he would make him or her pay, eye for eye, teeth for teeth.

Hong Joshua would take the place of his brother, he would make everything for his family to rest in peace.

No more tears, no more wailing like a kid, he said to himself when the sober walls of Ryeo College welcomed him, everything was sinister and he knew it, but he was willing to discover what was missing from the mysteries of that Institute with the aim of finding the reason for his brother's murder, as well as fleeing from his unwanted fate.

No one would tell him what he would have to do and would remove the false signs, finding the long-awaited truth behind them.

His blonde locks were dyed brown, plus he would use suppressants accompanied by a strong perfume of pines which slightly blended with what was left of his scent of lilies.

Joshua kept inside his shirt the reliquary of the Hongs, a memory bequeathed by his parents to his brother and from him to him. He wiped away the sneaky tears that escaped from his eyes, he knew the days would be colder than hell and the typical cherry trees he loved to see would wither.

He sighed before opening the door to his room, ready to begin his investigation.

"Shua." His roommate and and best friend Wen Junhui greeted him energetically.

Junhui was the only person that his brother told him to trust if anything happened.

The omega could only throw himself into the beta's arms by clinging to something familiar. Jun Hui had helped him escape from the convent where his older sister had sent him to study with the aim of "straightening him out" since he did not fit into the social stereotypes of a british omega.

He smiled as he separated, the one of Chinese origin responded to the excited gesture.

"The murderer saw you according to what you told me in the letter." Junhui, the bubbly beta spoke this time in a discreet tone looking seriously at the brown-haired man who nodded slowly.

"You must be careful, he may be watching, and know what we already know." The beta whispered nervously.

They both let their bodies fall on the bed of the beta who stretched out like a starfish looking in the direction where his best friend was.

"Wherever Jisoo is, he will be very proud of you, I know that." The younger of the two added.

That sad smile returned to decorate Joshua's face.

"Sometimes I feel that he is with us, I miss him like no one knows, my life was going to be disgusting if I didn't come here." Said the youngest of the Hongs, ruffling his brown hair.