EIGHT

!! second person :)

Sitting in your study hall, you tried to listen to Yoimiya as much as you possibly could. However, the recurring thought of what Miko had said still blazed in your mind. 'I'm asking you to pretend to be my girlfriend.' How could she just ask that so easily? You face flushed lightly, staring down at the table. You couldn't even figure out how to go on with the rest of your day knowing Miko wanted you to be her girlfriend! Well, pretend girlfriend.

"Y/n are you even listening to me?" Pushing your head up, you meet eyes with the narrowing ones of Yoimiya's, and nod. She raises a brow, clearly not believing you. "You sure? Because to me there seems to be something on your mind."

You reach up to rub the back of your neck. "It's nothing," You mumble. "I'm sorry, go on."

Yoimiya frowns. "Alright I know that's a lie, what's this about?"

"Miya, it's nothing I promise."

"It's not nothing!" She hums. "Now that I think about it, you've been acting strange since you got back from 'speaking with a teacher'," She suddenly breaks out into a wide grin.

You squint at her. "Why are you looking at me like that...?"

"You didn't go to see a teacher at all! Did you?" She whisper yells, examining your face and the flash of panic in your eyes. Her own widen. "Oh my days, Y/n L/n! What did you do??"

You narrow your eyes slightly. "Miya, I can assure you I didn't do anything."

"Oh my god you went to see Miko didn't you?" Now how did she- "That's why you kept asking about her last night! Holy— Y/n!"

You widened her eyes and looked around you. "Jesus Miya! Can you quiet yourself a bit?" You whisper yell, looking over skeptically at the librarian sitting at her desk. "I didn't not see Miko, get that thought out of your head."

"Is that why she's coming this way now?"

You whipped your head around at the speed of light and Yoimiya snorted, falling into giggles as you stared at the space void of a certain pink haired girl. You pursed your lips and turned. "Not funny, didn't laugh."

Yoimiya clutched her stomach, trying her hardest to hide her giggles. "I'm sorry-" She breathed, shaking her head. "That was just too good."

You hummed. "Mhm, get it out your system."

Yoimiya suppressed her giggles as much as possible and sniffled, moving to rub her eyes. "But seriously," She chuckled, flashing an award winning smile at you. "How'd you do it?"

"Do what?" You muttered bitterly.

"Pull Yae Miko—"

"God you're just like Lumine!" You groaned, leaning back on your chair. "There is nothing going on between me and her, absolutely nothing!"

Yoimiya hummed unconvincingly. "So you just happen to have her number? And she happens to be the one to walk you upstairs? And you happen to conveniently drop your phone in the sink and take nearly fifteen minutes to come back down?"

"Yes!" You shout, pushing back up and staring in awe at Yoimiya who raises her brows in slight surprise.

"Ladies."

You fall rigid, turning your head to look at the peeved librarian. She makes a motion with her hands, signaling the both of you to quiet down. Yoimiya snorts quietly at you getting in trouble.

All the while, you want to die.

Luckily, lunch was next. And everything would be okay.

_______