three.

SOFT LAUNCH?
VALENTINA SÁNCHEZ RUMORED TO BE DATING CO-STAR JACK CHAMPION AS SHE WAS SEEN ON A VOUGE YOUTUBE VIDEO READING A MAGAZINE ABOUT HIM. SHE EVEN MATCHED WITH HIM AT D23.

I HANDED BAILEY her phone back after reading the TMZ tweet. There were two attachments, one; a screenshot from the Vouge video where the camera was focusing on Jack's face from the magazine, which was sitting on my vanity. They must've filmed it when I was getting dressed and wasn't in the room. The other attachment was a clip from one of the interviews we did where the interview pointed out that we were both wearing yellow.

I couldn't believe how fast people were to start up this rumor. Next, all his little fans are going to be storming my comments asking about him. I tried not to think any of it. Deep down inside I knew I wasn't dating Jack, nor was I interested in him.

Sighing, I dug my face into my hands. Bailey held her phone up to her chest and her worried eyes stared at me, "Are you gonna be okay? Him and Jamie are coming over later." She stood on the other side of the kitchen island, and I sat on one of the stools. If I wasn't sitting down, I would've fainted.

"Yea I'll be alright," I rested my chin on my hands. It's best to act like I haven't seen anything. But it's hard to erase it from my mind.

"Hey, they don't even know the context behind why the magazine was on your vanity. Or they don't even know that you and Jack matching was completely coincidental. People are making stuff up because it's been so boring lately in the world of fame. I think you should talk to Jack about it, tell him that the magazine was advertisement for the movie or something." She tried to help but my comfort zone told me not to talk to him at all.

"That's easy for you to say, you get along with him. I don't, not now." I stood up to refill my glass of Coke. It was really all we had for drinks. We moved into this apartment a month ago after a lot of convincing parents and paperwork. Grocery shopping isn't something we enjoy much.

"I'm sorry but this awkwardness can't keep happening. A kiss from when you were sixteen shouldn't determine your forever status with him. I bet he regrets it as much as you do, you won't hurt his feelings if you just talk it out. Trust," she winked with a smile attempting to make me smile, which it did. Talking to him sounded like a struggle in itself. If I don't let the kiss barge into my memory, I think I'll be capable of holding a basic conversation.

"You're such a big sister," I joked and she shrugged with a cocky smile. I have a sister, but she's in her thirties and she's too caught up with work and kids. Same with my older brothers. Moving in with Bailey is something I'll never regret.

꧁꧂

Knock
Knock
Knock

"They're here," she sprinted to the front door and turned around to face me with all seriousness, "Talk to him."

"I will," I whined, sinking into the couch. Rolling her eyes she turned back around to answer the door. Chatters from Jamie and Jack erupted in the entrance. I set up the coffee table with cards and candles just to make myself look busy. The speakers played fue mejor by Kali Uchis, faintly in the background.

Jamie came out of the hallway, a bag of Chinese take out in his hand, "Hey, Valentina. Are you setting up the kids table?" He set the bag on the kitchen island, Jack following behind him with drinks. Mostly beers for Bailey and Jamie's friends that have been invited.