Prologue

Future was a man of generational wealth and affluence. He had amounts of money the likes of presidents would never see in their lifetimes'. He owned businesses that could compare with the likes of countries. Naturally with this in mind, Future felt alienated from people, as nobody could hope to match his amount of prosperity. 

He had 3 kids: Teddy, Ross and CeeCee. They were 17, 15 and 13 respectively. They were fixed to each inherit a third of his wealth and his wife, Mari was not included in the will on account of the fact that Future particularly held her in contempt as he thought she didn't love him anymore. He had thought this for a while, but he didn't act on this and never brought it up. 

His relationship with his family was a very cold-hearted one. He rarely saw them and when he did, he didn't know how to act around them because of how little time he spent with them in the first place. He often thought that maybe, if he didn't have such extraordinary wealth, he would be able to have a strong relationship with his family. 

 This thought burdened his mind, he loved his kids dearly, but he knew that they didn't return those feelings, he fell into a deep depression because of this.

In addition, with his family life, he was often a target of deep scrutiny, as the richest person on earth he had made a lot of enemies out of people, family, friends and even his own parents who he never saw anymore.

Global news outlets reported on him, painting him as an evil villain who cared about nothing but expanding his empire, but this, in fact could not be further from the truth. He despised the amount of wealth he had, and he knew that what the news said couldn't be further from the truth.

This all coalesced into one single moment, in which Future thought that, with no other options left, it would be better if he no longer existed. He had grabbed a knife from his personal kitchen and with nothing but damaging thoughts in his mind, he decided to take his own life on July 5, 2058, his 50th birthday.