chapter 1

Bakugo had a secret he loved romance novels. He longed for a happy ending, a wife, a family and to be the number one hero. So far in life he had none of those things he was number two and the kick in the teeth was the person who was number one was Deku who was previously quirkless. To say he was annoyed was an understatement, Deku had all the things he wanted a wife, a family, Ochaco was pregnant with their second child at 25 and he had the number one spot. He wanted his own wife and his own family and to become number one he'd wanted that since he first developed his quirk.

Due to Deku being quirkless as a kid until a teenager. Bakugo hated anyone without a quirk feeling they were beneath him, if he wasn't a hero, he wouldn't want to save them but had to. He had the temperament of a villain telling people to die. Those 20% of people could die for all he cared but he had to care about everyone. Every Wednesday to release the stress Bakugo took up reading, Kirishima said everyone needed a stress outlet and at least this was healthier than alcohol, smoking or having sex with anything that had a pulse.

He quickly found out popular book stores were definitely the places to avoid. Every five minutes he was asked for an autograph from the "amazing ground zero". After much research he found somewhere that was quiet and yet provided him the silence he required in order to relax. Then he found Esmeralda's book store which was a family-owned shop in a side street. It looked like a scene from beauty and the beast when he walked in. Books flying from left to right due to Esmeralda's quirk. The middle-aged woman knew who he was and didn't make a fuss since he was there clearly to not have someone fan girl over him.

Esmeralda's Quirk let her see exactly what book matched a person's personality and something they'd enjoy; the books flew to her hand giving the reader a selection to choose from. Her quirk also let her see their previous reading history so she could recommend something new rather than a repeat.

Katsuki POV:

I walked into a book store that looked like it had been ripped from the pages of a story book itself. An old hag called Esmeralda approaches me in a cheerful tune. Explaining how the shop works and about special orders of limited editions and she had a young woman who came in here on Wednesday for her limited edition of books she was interested in.

She explained to me that she only ordered one limited edition version of each thing so if I wanted something to let her know and she would see what she could do. Esmeralda went on and on about the young woman and her Y/H/C and Y/E/C and how her smile lit up a room when you walked into it. He was sure that the woman had her head in the clouds someone like that doesn't exist.

Esmeralda walked him to a place in the book store that had beautiful throne like chairs and foot stools. She gave him books such as Akuma De Sourou (Devil beside me), kaichou wa Maid sama and 360 Degree Material (these are all real romance manga). She mainly chooses those because she heard he was closed off and they applied to his situation in life in some aspects. Little did Bakugo know his future was just walking through the library doors.

All rights belong to their respected owners I own nothing :)