Always By Your Side (Jiheon, Minji, Eunchae)

(Author's POV)

*Ring ring* *Ring ring*

"Hello?"

"Hey, what are you doing right now?"

"Now? Um, just got out of work.. Why?"

"Look behind you"

And she turned around… There she saw what she had been longing for… Her bestfriend… Minji. Jiheon and Minji have been best friends since birth, wherever they go out, they're always together every time, that people around them thought that they were dating but it didn't matter to them since they are just friends and it was normal for them to be clingy to each other. Up until now they always contact each other, even though they are always busy with their own lives after graduating from college, they still manage to spend time together.

Jiheon was feeling overwhelmed, seeing her bestfriend had surprised her after getting off from work, but that feeling only lasted a few minutes…

She started to get frightened at the sight in front of her…

Her bestfriend started to feel a sharp pain in her heart and she collapsed…

One thing about Jiheon that she didn't want to feel was…

Losing the person she loves the most…

Minji…

Minji had been diagnosed with Coronary artery disease, a disease that is caused by plaque buildup in the wall of the arteries that supply blood to the heart called coronary arteries, in high school. This disease cannot be cured but treatment can help manage the symptoms.

Jiheon hurriedly ran over to her friend, not minding the people around them, because she only had one thing in her mind..her bestfriend.. she hurriedly called an ambulance and held Minji tightly close to her.

"Minji.. please don't leave me.." Jiheon said, crying over Minji's unconscious body

"Please… I know you can do this right?"

*Siren Siren* *Siren Siren*

The ambulance arrived and took Minji, with Jiheon accompying her to the hospital. Jiheon had been holding Minji's hand, afraid if she let go of her hand, she would lose her bestfriend….
Forever….

"Ma'am, I'm afraid you will have to wait here for a moment, as we will check up on her." The nurse said, stopping Jiheon from following Minji to the emergency room, leading Jiheon to let go of Minji's hand

Jiheon obeyed the nurse and said "Please save her."

"We will try to save her as much as we can." The nurse said leaving after reassuring Jiheon

Jiheon sat down on a nearby bench and waited for her friend.

Minji is what Jiheon only had, Minji is her one and only friend, and she cannot afford to lose the love of her life as her parents died on a car accident when she was little, so Minji's parents adopted Jiheon and treated Jiheon like their own daughter alongside Minji. Minji saved Jiheon many times before, as Jiheon was bullied because her parents died and Minji stepped up for Jiheon and protected her at all costs.

*Flashback*

Jiheon was eating her lunch alone at a cafeteria, it was peaceful, not until Jay and his friends appeared

"Oh ho ho, look at her eating peacefully eyy." Jay said, taunting Jiheon

"Where's your friend huh?" Added Jay

Jiheon just stood quiet

"Oh, could that be… she left you because of how messed up you are?" And with that all of Jay's friends laughed