Chapter 2

The gangsters slowly walk away, keeping their eyes trained on the helpless officers. As soon as they got out of their sight, Minhyuk groaned in frustration. He quickly takes out his phone and dials his wife's number.

"Where the fuck are you? I told you not to go alone with Mina without any protection, didn't I? Where is she?" Minhyuk screams in frustration. The officers then see him furrowing his brows in confusion.

" What? She's there?" he asks, incredulous. Minhyuk then throws the phone to the ground.

"That fucker tricked us; my daughter is in our home; that video was fake; catch them quick now; they must not have gone that far," he roars, the officers quickly getting into action. He shoots an angry glare at Taehyung. "You're fired after this, Kim; do us a final favour and catch your fucking boyfriend," he spat with disdain. Taehyung straightens up, his face void of any emotion, as he rushes after the officers.

Meanwhile, Jeongguk, Hoseok, and Yoongi had already gotten in their cars and were quickly exiting the building. The NCB follows them quickly, their cars chasing after the gangsters.
"Shit, it seems like Hwang caught on to our lie," Hoseok mumbles, looking through the rearview mirror.
"Take the next right, Hyung, and you both get down near the old factory; I'll divert them," Jeongguk says calmly, keeping his gaze dead ahead.
"What? No, Jeongguk, that's risky; I am not going to let you do that," Yoongi says firmly.
"Trust me, Hyung; I got this; do as I say. Me getting caught alone is better than all of us getting caught," he says, keeping a close eye on the NCB.
"Quick, Hyung, take the turn," Jeongguk says, noticing the officers getting stuck at the signal. Hoseok quickly takes the route as the NCB officer curses at the traffic. Hosoek stops by the factory and gets down quickly, with Yoongi following him. "Hang in there, okay? I'll send our boys in a few minutes; turn on the GPS," Yoongi instructs, and Jeongguk nods before resuming the drive.

The NCB cars quickly catch up to him, and he pushes on the accelerator, speeding through the narrow streets, knocking down the cargo boxes on the pavement, but soon he reaches a dead end and curses loudly. He quickly gets out and takes his gun, sprinting through the dark alley. He could hear the sound of NCB cars getting really close before they went off. They might have realised that Jeongguk got out of the car. Jeongguk runs with all his might, spotting a few officers behind him. The NCB officers split before going after the gangster in different directions. Jeongguk sees a narrow gap between two buildings and squeezes himself through it, reaching the other, which appears to be a dead end. But thankfully, it was hidden from the eyes of those who are chasing him. He leans back on the brick wall, catching his breath. He felt his throat burn from the thirst he was feeling.

But then he hears the clicking of a gun, and he shivers upon seeing the figure in front of him. Taehyung stood in front of him, his face impassive, his long hands pointing his gun towards the gangster.

"Surrender," he hears the officer say solemnly, not a hint of emotion in his voice. Jeongguk feels his chest constricting as he looks at his boyfriend, He wanted to see at least some kind of emotion in the other's face, but the officer appeared cold and indifferent, quite contrasting to the usual chirpy and cheerful man he has known for the past two years. Was this how he looked at criminals? Jeongguk sighs before throwing his gun towards the other, who easily catches it with his other hand. The gangster raises his hand, his eyes meeting his now-ex-boyfriend's stoic face. The sound of the NCB cars again started ringing, this time very close.

" Shoot me, Tae" he hears him say. " You have every right to kill me now, but please don't let them catch me, I'd rather die with your hands," The gangster pleads. Taehyung stayed silent for a moment, simply staring at Jeongguk, before his vision blurred with tears.