Chapter one: Their protectors

One spring day on the island of Sodor, the narrow gauge engines were outside with their 6 dragons, who they protected and looked after.

Skarloey walked up to a female dragon which was known as the black rose dragon as she had rose petals on her wings and she was black like the midnight sky, her yellow eyes were filled with gentleness as she lowered her head to Skarloey which made Skarloey smile kindly at his dragon.

Rheneas was next to Skarloey, but he had a different dragon. His dragon was a female dragon coloured white with diamond blue streaks on it, and its yellow eyes were glowing bright as the dragon looked into Rheneas' Emerald eyes which made Rheneas smile lightly as Stardust lowered her head and Rheneas gently stroked her.

"Stardust is very pretty, Rheneas." Skarloey said, smiling at his best friends dragon. "Black Rose is very pretty as well." Rheneas replied back, and the two friends laughed and looked up at their dragons who looked at them gently and gave a gentle roar.

"Bloody hell, settle down, boy!" Sir Handel yelled at his dragon, who was known as Red Dragon Archfiend. "Take it easy with him, Sir Handel, like this." Peter Sam said,"Aincent Fairy Dragon, come here, girl." He said gently, and Aincent Fairy Dragon came down right in front of him, lowering her head for Peter Sam to stroke. "Why are you being gentle with her?!" Sir Handel yelled, making Aincent Fairy Dragon go over to Red Dragon Archfiend and hugged him with her beautiful butterfly like wings

Rusty and Duncan were training their dragons, which were Power Tool Dragon and Black Winged Dragon in the training grounds. "That's it, Black Winged Dragon." Duncan said, taking off his helmet and sitting it on this yellow and black duel runner.

A/N: All the narrow gauge are also turbo duelists and are given duel runners and signer marks of the crimson dragon.