𝙳𝚞𝚕𝚕, 𝙳𝚊𝚛𝚔 & 𝙶𝚛𝚎𝚢

𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐬𝐤 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝 "𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞". 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧, 𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬. 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐞𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐥𝐮𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐠𝐥𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐤 𝐬𝐤𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐢𝐭. 𝐎𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬 𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐧𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐛𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞, 𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐮𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜 𝐝𝐞𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐝. 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐧𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐮𝐩 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡, 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐮𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐦𝐭𝐡 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠, 𝐛𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐚𝐲.

Only that is not what he get to feel now.

Instead, all he could see is these thick, grey, low-lying clouds floating from above. the cold, cemented ground adds up to the somber atmosphere. as much as he wants to get up, he can't. It has always been like this, whether he faceplants on the floor, or lying down to relax, he needs someone to pull him back to his feet. And he trusted his friends to know that.

Fortunate enough, his neighbors are present. He could tell from hearing their voices calling for each other's names. followed by asking "are you alright?" or "what are you wearing?!". As soon as he pivots his head to the right, light flashes unto his eyes, making him took a quick turn the other way. he hears the rustle of the grass grow louder. he opens his eyes again, meeting the eyes of someone he's closed to.

"Wally, pal! you're okay." It's Barnaby, his bestfriend. the tall, blue dog sighs in relief upon seeing him okay. he switched his flashlight off and crouch to pull his friend from the ground.

"Here, let's get you back up."

Not far from the former duo stood another pair of best friends, trying to make sense of their situation, at least one of them does.

"I'm telling you, Julie. Something must have brought us here!" that friend declares their baseless suspicion.

"it could've been through a portal, or direct teleportation- or any other forms of inter-dimensional travel!"

Julie looks up to her peer, looking at them as if they're a complete stranger. for someone who could find answers and logic in every questions, them jumping into conclusions, far fetched ones, mind you, is the last thing she expects from them.

"But Frank, didn't you say not every stories written are real?" Julie asked, she then go back to looking at her outfit, using the flashlight she found herself holding the moment she gained consciousness.

"Especially the ones related to... that?"

"And that's the fact!" Frank spat back.

Julie shoots them a glare at their rude response. Realizing this, Frank immediately apologized. It was never their intention to answer in a harsh tone.