Chapter Nine

a/u: I have so lost track of this story and I can't remember Roman numerals, so just numbers for now🥲

+Lo'ak's POV+
I sighed, throwing a rock across the dark water. I watched as the stars reflected on the transparent liquid, looking at myself in the mix. I can't believe my father. Somehow, no matter what the situation, it's always my fault. I'm sick of it.

I hissed to myself and threw another rock across the water. I ripped the vine from my hair and threw that too. I was sick of being blamed for everything. I can't help somethings. And I can't help falling in love.

I hadn't seen Y/n since earlier. I hadn't seen anyone since earlier actually. After my bullshit dad yelled at me for about 2 hours, I ran off. I couldn't stand looking at him. He feels the need to apologize for me all the time, even when the situation has nothing to do with me. But of course. Let's blame Lo'ak Sully like always.

It isn't my fault Ronal went batshit. It isn't Y/n's fault either. It's no one's but her owns. Plus, the pregnant asshole slapped me. I could see if it was the other way around. Actually, I couldn't. I'd never slap a pregnant lady, no matter how fucking idiotic they are.

Lost in my thoughts, I hadn't even realize Y/n behind me, a bag on her shoulders. I looked at her in curiosity, examining the satchel and wondering what was in it.

"Y/n? Are you alright? What's in the bag-" I started to say as I got up from my spot on the sand, taking her face in my hands. I looked into her beautiful blue eyes ands saw the love and grief showing through them.

"Y/n..?" I repeated, unsure of what was wrong. I then remembered what she had said from earlier today from the fight.

+Flashback+

"Do not call him that! What if I do not want to mate with a Metkayina? I want him, Mother! Only him! I'm sorry if I disappoint you! I'm sorry I can't be the perfect daughter like Tsireya, or the most reliable like Ao'nung, but you know what? I'm perfect to someone. Im perfect to Lo'ak, and that's all that matters!" She shouts in her mothers face. I see my parents and siblings making there way to the front of the crowd. Ronal hisses at her daughter angrily.

"Do not disrespect me, child! I am your mother and leader, you listen to me! As long as you live in my clan, you abide by my rules!"

"Well maybe I won't live in your clan!" Y/n yells before she could stop herself. Ronald eyes narrow as my parents arrive in front of the crowd, a few feet besides them.

+End of Flashback+

"You're leaving..?" I managed to stutter out, realization appearing I'm my eyes. She turned away from me, grabbing me around my waist, pulling me into a hug. All I could do was hug back, whispering words of comfort in her ear.

I don't blame her for leaving, hell I'm not even going to attempt to stop her. She's a big girl, she can handle herself. I'd leave too. Actually..

"I'm sorry.. I just can't stay here any longer. I have no free will, and my mother refuses to be my mother, but my leader instead. And I can't live like this."

"It's alright, princess. I understand. My father is the same. That's why I'm coming too."

"No you're not."