Chapter Twelve

Inside the Diner Daytime, Dean taps a button on the jukebox, then thumps the jukebox Sam on the phone and Sarah are at a table, laptop open and Sam says "No, no, no, you're right, it's definitely weird. ...Okay, Bobby, thanks." Sam puts the phone away, Dean comes over. "What's up?" Dean sits down, Sarah starts typing and Sam says "Bobby found something in Wyoming." Dean asks "A job?" Sam says "Maybe." Dean bites into a burger, "Small town, no one's died in the past week and a half." Dean says "That so unusual?" Sam says "Well, it's how they're not dying." Sarah says "One guy with terminal cancer strolls right out of hospice, Another guy gets capped by a mugger and walks away without a scratch."

Dean says "Capped in the ass?" Sarah's browser has two tabs open to the Greybull Gazette; the top tab has an article with the headline "Shooting victim walks away unharmed" and the subheading "Man miraculously survives after direct shot to heart". The first paragraph reads "Police and medical authorities are struggling for an explanation as to why local resident James Jenkins was able to walk away from a point-blank shooting incident.

After leaving Bison Bud's Bar, Mr. Jenkins and friend Pete Hensley were confronted by a mugger in a nearby alley. After a brief altercation, the mugger fired a shot from a 9mm Automatic, hitting Jenkins directly in the heart." Sam speaks up and says, "Police say Mr. Jenkins was shot in the heart at point-blank range by a nine-millimeter." Dean keeps eating, speaking with his mouth full "And he's not a doughnut?" 

Sam speaks up and says, "Locals are saying it's a miracle." Dean says "Okay." Sarah says "It's got to be something nasty, right? I mean, people making deals or something." Dean considers this and says "You think?" Sam says "What else would it be?" Dean says "I don't know." Sarah says "All right." Sarah puts her laptop in her bag and Sam says "Get that to go." Dean looks down and doesn't move "Come on." Sarah and Sam both stand up, picking up his bag. Dean doesn't move except to chew. Sam and Sarah looks at him, swinging her bag over her shoulder Sam is the one that speaks up first and says, "What?" Dean looks up and keeps chewing, then glances away and back and says "Sure you want me going with you both?" Sam asks "Why wouldn't I?" Dean says "I don't want to be holding you back or nothing."

That confuses Sarah but she doesn't question it, Sam says "Dude, I've told you a hundred times, that was the siren talking, not me. Can we get past this?" Dean puts down the burger "Yeah, we're past it." Dean brushes off his hands, Tim Jenkin's house, Inside the House Daytime The Impala is parked outside Jim's house birds chirp and Jim says "Now, you three said you were bloggers?" Inside the Dining room, Sarah, Sam and Dean are sitting at Jim's dining room table Jim sits down across from Sam and his wife and daughter are visible in the next room. Sam says "Yes, sir. Floored by the Lord dot com." Dean says "All of God's glory fit to blog."

Dean grins Sam and Sarah glances at him and clears their throats, Sarah speaks up first and she asks, "Um

Dean grins Sam and Sarah glances at him and clears their throats, Sarah speaks up first and she asks, "Um. Some of the people around town are saying what happened to you was a miracle." Jim says "It was plain as day." Sam asks "How can you be so sure?" Jim says "How else do you explain it? The doctors can't, There's a bullet in my heart, and it's pumping like a piston." Dean says "Well, how do you explain it?" Jim hesitates. He looks over at his daughter "Look, honestly I was nobody's saint—not exactly father of the year, either." Dean says "Okay."