I start to cry and my vision blurs. It's getting hard to breath. All four adults have left by now. I look at Kole and see the panicked look in his eyes.

"Is she okay?" There's worry oozing in Walker's voice.

"No she's not. She gets this way whenever Stacey and Herold are involved. I haven't seen her like this in a really long time. I'm going to assume it's some sort of PTSD from the bullshit they put us through but I can't be completely sure." I look over at Walker and he jumps up out of his chair to come over to me.

"Please try to focus on breathing Lillian." My name coming from his mouth feels like the first time you eat something sweet. Unforgettable and sweet.

I try to breath normally but can't quite seem to calm down. Kole takes my hand and puts it to his chest.

"Calm down Lily. It's going to be okay. We're going to figure this out. They won't win this time. I won't let them win this time." I see determination in his eyes and start to breath a bit more normal again. "That's good. Keep breathing like that. Keep trying to calm down. I won't let them hurt you." I calm down and start seeing much clearer.

"You must've had to do that a bunch?" I keep looking at Kole while he turns his head to Walker.

"Yeah. When she was still at home I did. I walked in on her freaking out like this one time after Herold and Stacey had finished yelling at me. She was crying that time though. I was so scared. I thought she was going to sufficate herself. Not on purpose obviously. But she wouldn't breath normally. Her lips had started turning blue and I was really worried about her. That was the worst time I had seen her like this. I asked her how long they had been going on, she said a few months. I knew I had to be there for her better from then on. And sure enough, everytime they would get done yelling, at me or her, she would freak out like this. It's been ging on since she was 13." I look at Walker now. He almost looks hurt.

"That sucks. Cay has nightmares most nights. She was worried about you not liking her because of the things that Elizabeth and James used to say to her." We all look over at Caylee and see her smashed into the corner with her arms wrapped around herself.

"It's true. They used to call me a whore and a hoe. They would tell me that I was a waste of space and I eventually just started having the nightmares. I've had them at the very least, once a week since I was 15." Kole lets go of my hand and walks over to Caylee.

He takes both of her hands in his and he sits in the chair right beside her, turning it so that he can face her.

"I don't give a fuck what they think about you. I'm going to form my own opinion about the kind of person you are. And, if you're still up for it, I still want to take you on that date at 8 tonight?" It's more of a question than anything and I'm on the edge of my seat waiting on Caylee's response.

"Of course I still want to go on he date with you Kole. You're so sweet. Thank you." I smile at my brother's smile. He's so happy. I wouldn't want it any other way. Caylee hugs him and I turn to look at Walker. He's got a huge big brother smile, I've seen it countless times on Kole's face. Walker is happy for Caylee, I can tell.

wc: 640