Chapter 1: Coming and Lair

"Caroline Forbes, is that you?" Hayley Marshall asked, pointing at the blonde

"Mhm, it's me." Caroline said with a smile on her face.

"Wait, I thought you two hated each other?" Elena mumbled, confused.

"Well..." The two trailed off.

"Heard you were looking for some family." Caroline said, taking the werewolf by surprise.

"Where did you hear that?" Hayley asked with a confused expression.

"Klaus." Caroline answered as Hayley winced. "I'm gonna help you."

"Why would you wanna help me?" The brunette asked.

"Hmmm, let's say I know where to start."

~😞~

"She's the calmest desiccating vampire I've ever seen. I remember when you starved me down there for three days. I would've wept at your feet for an orange peel." Damon said, talking about Elena.

"Look, she's not gonna beg for blood. Begging means desperation, emotion. She's still in no-humanity zone." Stefan told his brother.

"How hungry does she have to be before we can torture some feelings back into her?" Damon questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"A lot hungrier than she is now, apparently." Stefan replied to his question.

"So what are we supposed to do in the meantime?" Damon asks, bored.

Kathrine enters the room. "Maybe I can provide a little excitement."

"Kathrine."

"The one and only...sort of. So, when's the Welcome Home party?" Kathrine says, pouring herself a drink.

"Wow, look who went and got bold. Last time I checked, Klaus was plotting your eternal demise." Damon commented.

"Well, it doesn't matter anymore, because Klaus is gone." Kathrine says, clearly happy about it.

Stefan looks at her confused. "Let's just say that werewolf girl and Blondie, Hayley and Caroline, turned out to be just the thing we needed to get Klaus out of our lives-- for good." She smiles.

"Wow, say less." Caroline scoffs at how Kathrine was the first to notice her being gone.

~😔~

Hayley and Caroline sit at a largely deserted bar at midday. The bartender talks to the Two.

"Third time in here this week."