Reincarnation

The age of myth

The destruction of countries, reducing the spirits forest to the ash and even killing the deities. This was a man feared as the demon emperor.

Its name was ???.....

".... So how about it?"

The demon emperor uttered these words whilst sitting on his throne.

With just that, a normal human being would be in fear of the power of his words. However, the people in front of him right now do not have that worry.

The Sword Saint Astrea, one of the chosen candidate for Humanity Savior.

And the creator of this world, the creation God Kuro.

They control this world's fate. Two people will be handed down these names later, but now they gather in the hall of the demon emperor castle Vanitas.

"I understand the story. It's not a ridiculous condition either. But now, when are we trying to reconcile?" Astrea state.

"That's right."

"Demon emperor ???. How many people have you killed until now?"

The demon emperor answered with a gaze now turned cold.

"Let me reverse that hero. How many mazoku have you killed so far?" he returned to words of Astrea back to him.

Who struck first? The humans or the mazoku?

There was no way to know.

No, it doesn't matter. Even knowing the answer would not make the past disappear.

The reason would no doubt be trivial.

Both sides were killed and those who survived got revenge on those that were killed.

After that, the cycle just repeated.

Because they were killed, they were avenged and then those that got revenge were killed for revenge.

Hatred accumulated endlessly for both races and the chain of tragedies accelerated to a pace that could not be stopped.

Both humans and mazoku are the same in that they hate things different from themselves.

"After all your brutality, do you think you can say those words?"

"What would have happened without my cruelty? If you did not fear the demon emperor ???, you human beings would have calmly slaughtered the mazoku. It was a just cause. I do not remember even feeling one bit of guilt. I even praised the humans I killed as heroes."

"That was because the mazoku committed atrocious acts."

"And I say you humans also did."

"Are you saying the mazoku are faultless?"

"It means that in war there is neither good nor bad."

With a glint in his eye, the demon emperor glared at the hero.

"Astrea. You are a human. Don't you believe that the world will become peaceful if the demon emperor ??? is defeated?"

"Yes, I do."

"No. You should actually understand it. Stop being a fool. In the place where the demon emperor was defeated, a new fire will be born. Both humans and mazoku. If the other side is not exterminated, the fighting will not end.

"....."

??? is just talking, but he is also a being of immense magical power. Word by word, each one had a compulsion like magic.