II

ANNTONIA'S POV

I am currently sorting through my clothes, placing each one carefully in my luggage. It's been a week since our meeting with Mrs. Olivia.

She informed us that our team would have the chance to compete internationally in Journalism and Photography. Ten members of our organization, including me, were chosen to represent our school.

"You know, I can take notes during lectures so you can make habol pa," Max offered unexpectedly, knowing that she doesn't usually take notes.

"Really? Are you really going to do that?" I asked, surprised.

She called me just to keep me company while I packed. She also ranted about wanting to come along. Technically, she could since they have private planes. However, she mentioned that her dad might find out, especially since she still has classes.

"Of course! Especially now that you are going to compete and represent our school. That's why I will do that for you, especially knowing how grade-conscious you are," she said, rolling her eyes, which made me laugh.

"Okay, okay, fine. So, what do you want me to buy? Just send me the payment and details of the brand and item," I said, flopping onto the bed.

I finished packing all my things and am ready to go. It's convenient that I don't have classes today and don't need to go to the university. I also called my Mamu and Papu; they're happy but also worried since it's the first time I'm traveling without them, especially this far away. Nonetheless, they are very proud, and I even saw my Papu getting teary-eyed. I reassured them it's only for two weeks.

"Alright! I want to buy this one in LA, the Gucci V-Neck Jacket. I'll send you the picture and the payment. Oh my Zeus! Thank you so much, my Anntowwniaaa! Wish you luck, my dear friend," she said, making me grin.

"Don't forget, my Gucci," she reminded me before bidding goodbye and hanging up.

I also got ready to leave since a van would be waiting to take us to NAIA. I'm actually nervous. It's not just my first time traveling abroad but also my first time representing our university in this kind of competition, especially in another country. Anyway, I'll just do my best in the competition.

Time flew, and now we're on our way to the airport.

"Okay, team, the competition will last one week. The first day is the orientation, followed by lectures from esteemed professors. The actual competition starts on the second day and runs until the sixth day, with the last day reserved for the awarding ceremony. Our university gave us two weeks; they're expecting you to bring home the title. The remaining week is for your fun in LA. Clear? Any questions?" Mrs. Olivia gave a lengthy reminder.

I took a breath and leaned back, feeling my nervousness double. I hope the competition results turn out well.

We're at the hotel now, and I can't believe I'm in another country. My smile reaches the skies at everything I'm seeing.

"Hi Garcia, this is your first time here, right?" Irfan asked with a smile.

"Don't worry, you'll enjoy it here. Welcome to Los Angeles, I guess," I laughed at his expression.

"Thank you. I'm also nervous but excited at the same time," I confessed.

"All of us are nervous, but if you don't mind, after this competition, let's tour around LA," he offered.

"Of course, why not? Let's bring others along," He nodded.

After our conversation, we went to our respective rooms. We stayed in a hotel that also served as the competition venue. The days passed quickly, and we're almost finished with the competition. We won in all categories.

"Congratulations, everyone! Thank you for doing your best. We're going home victorious," Mrs. Olivia said with a smile.

Everyone cheered with joy. Now, we're starting our one-week reward to have fun in LA.

However, because I was too tired last night celebrating, I missed our arrangement to explore LA. They messaged me the address and directions. I quickly got ready.

I'm outside now, waiting for the bus. The transportation here is superb and convenient.

I'm entertained by the sights around us. I still can't believe I'm experiencing this. Before, I only saw this in movies, but now I'm here. I have a huge smile throughout the entire journey, not noticing where I am.

As time passes, the number of buildings I see seems to decrease. Suddenly, I realized I might be lost. I'll call them; I think I'm lost.

"Oh no! Why now?" I said, feeling tears well up. I couldn't find my phone. I might have left it at the hotel. Panic surged through me. I looked around, hoping to find a telephone station to call them, but there was none.

I started walking, hoping to find a place where I could ask for help. I checked my watch; it's already six in the evening, and I still haven't found a way to contact them.

I'm getting scared. It's getting dark, and there are drunken people around. I'm not sure where I am. Cars are scarce in this area.

"Look who's here," two men suddenly blocked my path.

I continued walking, but they followed me. One of them grabbed my hand, and I slapped him hard.

"What the heck?" one of them cursed loudly.

"Don't you dare touch me, or else I'm going to call the cops!" I threatened loudly.

They laughed at me and were about to grab my bag when suddenly, one of them collapsed.

A cold, authoritative voice interrupted, "Let go of her."

She had her hand in her pocket, looking at them with a chilling gaze. I felt scared for what might happen to those harassing me.

---------------—------------------

Our dear Annie is using Garcia as her last name kasi adopted siya here. Hihi.

Thank you sa support gays!! Update ako later nasa work pa me♥️