Chapter 1

Gabby Sat on the edge of her bed.It was the first day of summer and her parents were making her go to summer camp.She was 10 years old. Gabby looked at her 3 Duffel bags and backpack on the floor. She wanted to be home all summer studying.Instead she was spending her whole summer except for one day at camp. She took her bags and went downstairs. " Mom do I have to go" She pleaded "Sweetie yes you do;now your dad and brother are outside waiting for you." Her mom Told her. " Fine" she said hugging her mom "Love you" I love you to bye sweetie said Her mom. "Bye" Gabby said Running out the door.
•••••
"Bye dad" gabby said as he pulled away from the curb of the camp. Antonio has been to this camp before so he ran inside. The Camp counselor told her " Welcome to camp Red Hill. Meet the other campers inside for the cabin assigning. She fixed her bags and started walking. She sat at an empty table in the hall And placed her bags on the floor.A Boy sat across from her. "Hi" He exclaimed. "Hi" Gabby said. The boy said "I'm Matt. Matt Casey. Um Can we be friends." Sure Gabby responded "I'm Gabby." They starting talking a lot. Just the two of them they liked similar things.The microphone some blared calling out the names for cabins. "Finally Lake side Cabin C" She said " Gabby Dawson and Matt Casey.Both of them got up and walked to their Cabin Carrying the bags. Matt and Gabby chose separate bunks on the top because it was only the two of them.After they unpacked Gabby sat on her bunk. Matt climbed up to her bunk. " Alright Let's make a handshake!" "Sure" Gabby said. The handshake they did was fist bump right. Fist bump left . Double fist bump. "Best friends forever." They instantly become best friends. Before going to bed that night Matt hugged gabby. The truth was he really liked her.
The next morning the went Hiking. They did their handshake many times over the next 5 weeks. Soon there was one week left.Gabby felt a strong pit in her stomach she was going to leave her friend. Her best friend. Her only friend since she moved.

Camp Credit Idea To @brianahernandez95